Stihl 036 Pro - which bar/chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is interesting. Stihl makes saws, or variations, that they sell elsewhere in the U.S. that I have never seen. I guess if Hillsborough doesn't have it , we don't.

On a side note we had a guy come in a couple of weeks ago wanting a 20 inch chain. We said we at least needed to know what it was off of. Didn't know. .325 , 3/8 ? Didn't know. He wanted to look at some chains like he would know it if he saw it. Got mad. Wanted to talk to the manager.

Sort of like wants a chain. Ask what saw, and they say a red one.

I went into local Stihl dealer/full service, asked about milling chain, gave them Stihl part # for 63PMX (3/8 0.50 picco). They said not available, but we have milling chain!

Let's see it. He brought out a crosscut full chisel chain, sort of like 33RS (3/8 0.050)..........I went and showed him a loop of 33RS, asked him what was different.......

I miss the old USA Carton chain, it was good stuff and inexpensive.

I went into local Stihl dealer/full service, asked about milling chain, gave them Stihl part # for 63PMX (3/8 0.50 picco). They said not available, but we have milling chain!

Let's see it. He brought out a crosscut full chisel chain, sort of like 33RS (3/8 0.050)..........I went and showed him a loop of 33RS, asked him what was different.......

I miss the old USA Carton chain, it was good stuff and inexpensive.

Can't imagine why we would not order anything that Mid Atlantic Stihl stocks. Elsewhere may take more time.

So, since we never get requests for chain that we did not sell on a saw it would seem to be a regional thing maybe.

Can't imagine why we would not order anything that Mid Atlantic Stihl stocks. Elsewhere may take more time.

So, since we never get requests for chain that we did not sell on a saw it would seem to be a regional thing maybe.

Try to see if you can order 63 PMX chain (3/8 picco 0.050 10 degree), part # 3614. 36 RMX (3/8 0.063 10 degree) , part # 3901

Stihl also makes milling chains in 0.404. Seen them listed in Europe, don't have part # for that.

Back