Stihl 075

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cease, Nuts on the cylinder like you say. Compression reads 120 with my cheap testerDSCN3387.JPG which is always on the light side. Its getting fuel but I'm having trouble with a intermitten spark I believe.

Nice! Gonna have to trouble shoot that compression too. Will it pop at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No spark at all at this time. My guess the trigger module is bad. I had saws in the past that ran good at 120. My dealer says 120 is fine.

DSCN3390.JPG DSCN3391.JPG Stihl dealer had the module kit for me 1114 007 1012. I took the saw in his shop with the tank off. He pulled the flywheel checked the shaft key and the timing and sold me the module kit. I installed the kit put the saw back together and it started first pull. What a nice running saw. Thanks folks for all your help. I'll post a few picture of the saw cleaned up.

Stihl dealer had the module kit for me 1114 007 1012. I took the saw in his shop with the tank off. He pulled the flywheel checked the shaft key and the timing and sold me the module kit. I installed the kit put the saw back together and it started first pull. What a nice running saw. Thanks folks for all your help. I'll post a few picture of the saw cleaned up.
Great. There was just a handwritten cheat sheet note in the front of the book last I knew.

I found out the second and third time I started the beast you need the decompression valve push in or this baby is kicking you back when its warmed up.

Stihl dealer had the module kit for me 1114 007 1012. I took the saw in his shop with the tank off. He pulled the flywheel checked the shaft key and the timing and sold me the module kit. I installed the kit put the saw back together and it started first pull. What a nice running saw. Thanks folks for all your help. I'll post a few picture of the saw cleaned up.

Nice to hear of a dealer willing to help someone out with a vintage saw.
:cheers:

6ed28a1c3f861e5670ae01985f951347.png

Part #37. Seems to be a weak point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i am pretty sure that I have an extra part number 37. Tom

Its a 075 for sure he hung it up because it weights 26 pounds plus. I was thinking for a mill saw but from what I understand gas and oil loads from the top not the side. Can I still find parts for it?
Used on the internet. Stihl doesn't stock much for the 075 any more.

View attachment 528161 View attachment 528162 Stihl dealer had the module kit for me 1114 007 1012. I took the saw in his shop with the tank off. He pulled the flywheel checked the shaft key and the timing and sold me the module kit. I installed the kit put the saw back together and it started first pull. What a nice running saw. Thanks folks for all your help. I'll post a few picture of the saw cleaned up.

Nice old saw. Great to see another oldie up and running again. Good job.

Chris

Latest posts

Back