Stihl 075av electronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcabinet1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am putting back together an old stihl 075av electronic and can’t quite figure out the kill switch. Saw starts right up but
Something is not wired correctly
Three wires on coil one on ignition module
One coil wire is spark plug ( I know where that one goes 😂) the way i have it wired is like this
Small wire on engine side of coil goes to ground. Small wire on coil ( outside away from engine goes to electronic ignition module and kill switch. Tied together
The switch itself does work only not in this configuration. What is wrong ?
Thanks

It sounds like you are set up correctly - one wire is ground for the coil, the other is the positive side of the primary which should go to the transistor and the HT lead to the plug. The transistor wire should also go to the stop switch and act as your signal to ground controlled by the on off switch. If you’re having issues, confirm contacts are clean and free of rust, well secured and not going to ground where they shouldn’t.

Does the 075 need the strap from the air filter base to the cylinder to earth the switch?
Switch is on the filter base,,?
Long time since I had eyes on an 075.
I believe it does

Back