Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dan, thanks for dropin in. There are some good guys on this forum who I know will help you. The question has been asked lots before so you may do an archival search. There are least 5 saw builders who frequent here, so hang around and if your one of us your in like flint. If you still want the 090 there is one Art Martin from Calif. U.S.A. who has the fastest 090 that I know of.
Speaking of California, I always wanted to go to Monterey
John

Dan...there are alot of things you can do to your 084 to improve performance...you can start with muffler mods and work yourself into machining the cylinder..porting....piping...etc..depends what you want out of the saw...

John..Robin phoned me and told me about this date you have going on with your brothers sister...doesnt that make it incest??
oh well just make sure you show up on the right day this time...

Hey Dennis, get the story straight, its not my brothers sister ya weirdo, its my friends brothers widowed wife! I got class this time, no more first dates at Tim Hortons Java and Dognuts.
I hope she wont be intimidated by the saws adorning my cabin. Will she like the 999 and not misconstrue it as weirdness? I even shaved with a remington no less. I hope she drinks lots of wine and asks me to crank up a saw in the cabin. Thats my kinda girl.
John

Hi Dan, I have found that with very little effort some muffler tuning can go a long way with a bone stock 084. I have also tried shaving about .005 off the base of the cylinder. It gives the saw just a bit more compression without sending pieces of the crankshaft into orbit. A K&N air filter doesn't hurt much either!
Josh

Hey Dennis, I would like to know what the muffler modifications are. Or if someone does the modifications on an exchange basis maybe. I use the saw for blocking large wood and just would like a little more power.

John, thanks for telling me about the site. I am looking back in the archives, also. P.S. Good luck on your date. Whoever she is.

Latest posts

Back