Max Flo filter for Stihl 500I-Is it worth the money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• s400afegan.jpg
    s400afegan.jpg
    121.5 KB
I've known Jason for a long time. Man of his word you have a issue contact him. He is a retired logger and knows what is needed.

I've never read any issues with them to date. You can read feedback on his sales website and at egan performance saws FB.

This guy ran one with just the pre-oiled filter as they came. Not even having to clean and re-oil. I suggest Belray myself. Can give reason why as me and Jason had a talk on this when my son was racing on dirt in stock appearing kart.

= Been testing one out for awhile. Big improvement for the 500. Little Increase in power and zero fines getting by. Got 5 days on this filter so far. I love it. You can still use your stock cover. Factory oil. Filters come pre oiled.

Noticed he has to video's in link to show how to install everything correctly. https://eganperformancesaws.com/products/air-filter-kit

more of just filters https://eganperformancesaws.com/collections/all
Belray makes two products that are absolutely superb, their foam filter oil and their waterproof grease. I've used both for years.

Just got a reply from Max Flo that they do have one shroud already modified for an extra $55 plus the original $89.95 kit. My stock filter is looking better all of the time.
getting those molds machined ain't cheap either. I had some extra filters so cut holes in my stock filter to look like the cages that look like max flow, then I oiled filter and put it over stock filter and have been running it like that with no issues for past 2.5 yrs

getting those molds machined ain't cheap either. I had some extra filters so cut holes in my stock filter to look like the cages that look like max flow, then I oiled filter and put it over stock filter and have been running it like that with no issues for past 2.5 yrs
No argument that molds are not cheap to produce. Depends on the Return on Your Investment whether you want make that change to a mold if it is worth the longer term investment. It is likely that more of those filter set ups would sell if mods were not needed, but not my decision to make. If you are using a 'Stihl' branded product, you also would likely need their approval as well to modify. If just offering aftermarket parts, it may need less blessings.

Latest posts

Back