Stihl 090g

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg First off I always like seeing an 090g. What a good looking saw. However I believe this saw has been refurbished for a couple of reasons. I have two NOS 090g. First thing I noticed was the starter rope. It is blue and white. All Stihl rope during that time was red and white to my knowledge. Also the decals. The "super" decal made me chuckle a little. The sticker on the gear case cover is in the wrong spot. It should be on the side of the cover. It looks to me like this one was removed to paint and then stuck back in the wrong place. Also the warning decals on both of mine are yellow where this one is green which I believe came later. There should also be a warning sticker where the "super" decal is. Then there is the handle bar that just looks used. This is just my opinion. I would love for someone to prove me wrong as I always like to learn. Still a nice saw though. The finish just looks off to me.

More pics for reference. This saw is all original, including bar and chain.

IMG_1731-L.jpg

IMG_1737-L.jpg

IMG_1733-L.jpg

IMG_1734-L.jpg

IMG_1738-L.jpg

IMG_1741-L.jpg

Here you can see remnants of the warning label from before I cleaned it up, also on the side.
IMG_1614-L.jpg

BTW, the extra decals you see on the top of mine...those are from the Kentucky Department of Natural Resources. I bought this saw in a government auction. It belonged to the Pennyrile State Park Forest Rangers. The chain had never been sharpened. A clutch shoe failed when new and it sat for decades before they sold it to me :)

BTW, the extra decals you see on the top of mine...those are from the Kentucky Department of Natural Resources. I bought this saw in a government auction. It belonged to the Pennyrile State Park Forest Rangers. The chain had never been sharpened. A clutch shoe failed when new and it sat for decades before they sold it to me :)

Bahahaha, $2000 saw bought by government dummies. Crummy $40 part fails instantly (on a Stihl? No way! I thought their quality was supposed to be better than everything else?). No one cares to replace the part, likely because they didn't need the saw in the first place, just had to appropriate the funds they were given. Pitiful.

Latest posts

Back