• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
Here's another 660 I got in trade. There are some things about it need mentioning but it is a fully functional saw. For starters it is a newer 660 case with the updated long shoulder bar studs and clutch cover to match. It does have an early poly flywheel 066 recoil though which works fine. Just looks out of place on the newer saw. i will also replace rope and try dig out a better handle for it. that's just what was on it. The 3/4 wrap handle I believe is aftermarket and also works just fine. It has a new stock front muffler cover and an early 066 rear half so has the larger exhaust port. It is also missing an AF cover which sucks but it works as is as well. I will get an AF cover next time I'm in the city if it don't sell by then and I figure it will sell before I have a chance to get one AM off eBay. Other then the wrap it is all OEM. Will get a piston pic when I get a minute to remove the muffler. Any other questions just ask. $550 shipped PHO

de1796e2ed5f0c745b1331ac08fae620.jpg

6d9346152c02903ca3fef1f6df3d0496.jpg

f6e429b3d21e169d6987f937f47efe92.jpg

43656604b19783a50ebb7b18b87473d7.jpg

bump, just realized i forgot the piston pic but will get'er done when i get home later. this is a great running saw for the SHIPPED price.

sorry man, trying to clear out the saws i don't use. about the only trade i might consider is for a husky 390 cause that's what i use in the bush. only saw i really need. even then i got a bunch of them so would have to be a real nice low hour unit.
Dang it man with the 660's :chainsaw: and me without the sheckles again. You gotta have a GOOD collection of them suckers eh? lol good to see they're stihl around, safe cuttin out in them bushes sir

Dang it man with the 660's :chainsaw: and me without the sheckles again. You gotta have a GOOD collection of them suckers eh? lol good to see they're stihl around, safe cuttin out in them bushes sir

i had a bit of a collection but this is my last one besides a pile of parts i'm trading off. heck the guy wanting to trade for my parts pile also wants this saw so it may be gone in a day or so. leave it up til said and done though. safe cut'n to you to man. the first pic is my cookie cutting spot in an old buncher block. currently cutting up some old bridge logs into cookies :D

i had a bit of a collection but this is my last one besides a pile of parts i'm trading off. heck the guy wanting to trade for my parts pile also wants this saw so it may be gone in a day or so. leave it up til said and done though. safe cut'n to you to man. the first pic is my cookie cutting spot in an old buncher block. currently cutting up some old bridge logs into cookies :D
That buncher block looks like a Dang good test and tune spot, and by the pile of chippins it seems your getting the most out of er! Best of luck with the sell muh friend and heck maybe a 390 Will come floatin in an you can Indian trade right across. I'd like to test drive a 390 myself one these days just to feel the differences first hand of 660 and 390

That buncher block looks like a Dang good test and tune spot, and by the pile of chippins it seems your getting the most out of er! Best of luck with the sell muh friend and heck maybe a 390 Will come floatin in an you can Indian trade right across. I'd like to test drive a 390 myself one these days just to feel the differences first hand of 660 and 390

if you ran a 390 you wouldn't want to trade lol not that a 660 is a bad saw though. i like them both for different reasons. the 660 is a tad lighter, tougher, master control lever is the cats meow, and the muffler don't crack like the husky ones. they got a bit more balls as well. husky's kill switch sucks, choke lever sucks, muffler sucks BUT they are smooth and handle spacing is about perfect for working.

Biggest saw I've ran is 056 mag. I don't know how you boys pack 390 and 066 around all damn morning. Then again maybe newer saws weigh less, still though.

Sent using mental telepathy.

Biggest saw I've ran is 056 mag. I don't know how you boys pack 390 and 066 around all damn morning. Then again maybe newer saws weigh less, still though.

Sent using mental telepathy.

i'll carry an 660 or a 390 anyday before i carry a boat anchor like an 056 lol it's also not bad. most people get used to it after just a few days. were only on the saw 6 hrs a day.

if you ran a 390 you wouldn't want to trade lol not that a 660 is a bad saw though. i like them both for different reasons. the 660 is a tad lighter, tougher, master control lever is the cats meow, and the muffler don't crack like the husky ones. they got a bit more balls as well. husky's kill switch sucks, choke lever sucks, muffler sucks BUT they are smooth and handle spacing is about perfect for working.
Good info westcoaster thank you for sharing. I've only ever ran the smaller huskys and poorly maintained at that so they didn't get a fair shake, that and the guys that had them gave me sh*t for being a stihl guy so had to rub it on em a bit lol. My cousin runs huskys for his 2 man loggin outfit and I'd bet I could get an old 390 or equivalent of the 2 series would that be 288? and a bucket of parts pretty cheap if not free so he don't have to look at them anymore. I think he's even got a 3120 to pull a 6' cannon for old growth (logs private timber) stuff. Again thanks you for the knowledge pard, safe cuttin out there.

Back