Stihl ms 200t Carrying case?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcabinet1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where I can get a carrying case for my stihl ms 200t,it leaks some bar oil and I carry it up north from time to time (in the back of my car).
Thanks so much in advance.
Gary

FWIW

I was looking for a case for my Husky 435, had a old cooler in the basement, fit like a glove, just had to remove the B&C. Turns out removing the B&C is so easy I never cut a slot for the bar and scabbard. Room for oil and mix plus tools. Looks like this:

SawCase_1928.jpg

You should immediately sell that 200T to me since you obviously have no need of it if you are looking for a case. I keep one 200T in each hand at all times. It makes some tasks like eating, driving or brushing your teeth hazardous, and it can be hard to run a 660 with a 200T in each hand too.... but you get used to it and there are lots of ways to work around it. While I'm awake all my 200T's are running at idle. You have to wear ear plugs, but it's a small price to pay to be at the ready. When I sleep I stihl keep one in each hand but i shut the engines off. I put the bar covers on while sleeping now after I lost a girlfriend last year when she woke me up. Thank god we've got a bandit 18".

Overall, I think the plusses outweigh the minuses for being a chainsawhands. Be careful with the toiletpaper though.

Shaun

Last edited:
I wish stihl would have made a cary case for there 200t t-handle saws, heck, they sold a gazillion of these saws, would have been nice.

mine leaks a bit of bar oil as well...

Raising this thread from the dead since a new product is available.

I bought one of THESE for my Stihl MS 192 T, and I'll buy another for my MS 150 T-CE. I shortened the case's scabbard ... cut, snipped, overlapped, pop-riveted ... to where it only protrudes out of the box about 5 or 6 inches, and the Stihl scabbard slips inside for an extra layer of protection.

I had posted these photos before in another thread but I think they got lost when the site went down.

I ended up using the piece I cut off the tray, trimmed and turned around backwards, to stiffen up the tray.

-Eric

2012-03-06_18-57-39_777.jpg 2012-03-06_18-57-06_894.jpg 2012-03-14_18-25-57_798.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-03-14_18-26-24_358.jpg
    2012-03-14_18-26-24_358.jpg
    457.3 KB
Back