STIHL MS 400.1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya it's pricey, bought a file and 2 loops of hexa for 24" and 20" I think, last year and it cost me around $80? and I still haven't tried it🙄
sorry I was wrong, the file was 9.99, but I got them to through that in for free, but it cost me over a Ben for the 20" and 24" Hexa chain

Attachments

• 20240627_190412.jpg
    20240627_190412.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Is this saw going to be available in the US or is this a European thing? What made them change the design? Are there problems with the MS400 now. Because the saw as is now seems to hit a real sweet spot. Especially for wood cutters like myself. The power to weight ratio seems to be spot on.

Is this saw going to be available in the US or is this a European thing? What made them change the design? Are there problems with the MS400 now. Because the saw as is now seems to hit a real sweet spot. Especially for wood cutters like myself. The power to weight ratio seems to be spot on.
I have a 400c. It's been flawless save a fluke bad ignition module but I haven't used in commercially or anything.
The saw seems to have a good reputation reliability wise although it hasn't been out a real long time and 60cc saws typically are not used commercially.

I have a 400c. It's been flawless save a fluke bad ignition module but I haven't used in commercially or anything.
The saw seems to have a good reputation reliability wise although it hasn't been out a real long time and 60cc saws typically are not used commercially.
I didnt think the 400 was an old design. Thats why I was wondering. In my area the ms400 or ms261 are the popular Stihl saws among wood cutters. I am still using my 20+ year old Husky's and recently had a friend give me a hell of a deal on a 500i. But the 400 really interests me. It has more power than my aging 357xp at the same weight and as much power as my old 371xp and lighter weight. Of course this is just on paper but interesting none the less.

I didnt think the 400 was an old design. Thats why I was wondering. In my area the ms400 or ms261 are the popular Stihl saws among wood cutters. I am still using my 20+ year old Husky's and recently had a friend give me a hell of a deal on a 500i. But the 400 really interests me. It has more power than my aging 357xp at the same weight and as much power as my old 371xp and lighter weight. Of course this is just on paper but interesting none the less.
The 400C is based in the 362, which was has been around for awhile and was pretty much a turd from the get go. The 400C is not a turd

Latest posts

Back