stihl ms362c not mtronic 2009 has no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petemack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
bought new coil for ms362 part No.1140-400-1302 still no spark new coil came complete with cable and spark plug boot tested with multimeter all reading are good earth the spark plug to cylinder head removed kill wire air gap to 0.003 put drill on it still no spark and is running fast nothing so i removed fly wheel this has 4 magnets part No. 1140 400 1200b now i got a small bolt and one pair of magnets are strong i can drag it across my bench the other two on the other side are not strong infact very very weak can not drag or move it are thy ment to have the same magnet power the 4 of them and do you thing this is how i have no spark help will be welcome thanks petemack

I looked up a flywheel and get part number1140 400 1209. Has been changed four times. 1200, 1204, 1207, 1209.
The 1302 module looks right. Make sure there is a ground to the case.
You may not get a spark using a drill. I always use the starter when checking spark to turn the flywheel fast enough.
As far as the magnets, should only need 1 good set to fire non mtronic, just like any other regular ignition. Will have to remember to check this on the next 362 I get in the shop.

I looked up a flywheel and get part number1140 400 1209. Has been changed four times. 1200, 1204, 1207, 1209.
You may not get a spark using a drill. I always use the starter when checking spark to turn the flywheel fast enough.
As far as the magnets, should only need 1 good set to fire non mtronic, just like any other regular ignition. Will have to remember to check this on the next 362 I get in the shop.
thanks for your reply will check the earths i did sand the place were the coil is bolted to the crankcase but will do it again and get back to you again thanks petemack

i cleaned and sanded every point of contact on saw fitted pull start and pull and pulled tried 3 spark plugs plenty fuel still no spark never seen this before i will get it going cause i am one stubborn man thanks for reply petemack

A fly wheel is nothing but a disc with some magnets. Why would Stihl need to change it four times?

bought new coil for ms362 part No.1140-400-1302 still no spark new coil came complete with cable and spark plug boot tested with multimeter all reading are good earth the spark plug to cylinder head removed kill wire air gap to 0.003 put drill on it still no spark and is running fast nothing so i removed fly wheel this has 4 magnets part No. 1140 400 1200b now i got a small bolt and one pair of magnets are strong i can drag it across my bench the other two on the other side are not strong infact very very weak can not drag or move it are thy ment to have the same magnet power the 4 of them and do you thing this is how i have no spark help will be welcome thanks petemack
That's a Mtronic saw, right?

NO NOT A MTRONIC 2009 model

That's a Mtronic saw, right?

Is that the flywheel that came with it and did it run with that flywheel properly ever?
it is NOT mtronic saw and all original saw ran great plenty power no trouble till this happened

The new coil you bought is it OEM or China knock off?

thanks for your reply will check the earths i did sand the place were the coil is bolted to the crankcase but will do it again and get back to you again thanks petemack
Should be grounded on the cylinder not the case. In some cases the base gasket or sealer will negate the ground.

Capital letters and periods are legal for use in the United States...

Back