Stihl MS441C M-Tronic Carburetor Identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgTech4020

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I have a pair of good M-Tronic carburetors off a couple 441 crushed chainsaws. I’ve been working on piecing together enough parts to build myself a 441 saw. My concern is that one of the carburetors has an odd part number. According to Stihl the HD – 47A carburetor is the early one. The new carburetor is an HD - 49A. I have one HD – 49A and a HD – 49B. My guess is that the 49B is actually the newer of the two just want to confirm this prior to installation.

If anybody knows the difference between the two please let me know.

As a sidenote One of the carburetors will be for sale shortly.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the HD-49B is the newer version as the HD-49A. I can`t tell you the reason for the change from A to B.

The HD-49A carburetor is characterized by a modified mechanism at the choke shaft with lever, throttle cable retainer, lever with connecting link and air valve housing. The HD-49B has the same part number as the HD-49A.

Yes the HD-49B is the newer version as the HD-49A. I can`t tell you the reason for the change from A to B.

The HD-49A carburetor is characterized by a modified mechanism at the choke shaft with lever, throttle cable retainer, lever with connecting link and air valve housing. The HD-49B has the same part number as the HD-49A.

Super so it should work with the same coil/ controller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back