Stihl Warranty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I purchased a new 260 today and was wundering if i go ahead and modify the muffler and have a Warranty Repair will the muffler mod Null the Saws Warranty?

Oh man,
I don't know about that one. If it was brought into my shop and the plastic melted and you wanted waranty then ill say your sol.

I say modify it then take it to the shop and have them check the rpm's...

Warranties are very tricky. If it is a failure that has nothing to do with the modifications, the dealer must repair the failure. Period. You also have to look at some of the people on this site are chainsaw dealers and are doing the modification work. I would talk to the local dealer and see what he thinks.

warranties are a funny thing...I built a 385 for a local fellow here..and three weeks later the big end bearing blew out and took the head and piston with it.....,.so...i phoned Husky and told them of the situation...neglecting to mention the mods I had done...so, instead of rebuild the whole saw they just told me to give him a new one...and send the old one back to him..."uhoh"...so i then proceeded to tell him that I had done some modifications in the cylinder...he asked me what I had done....asked me the figures I put in the saw...everything....so finally he said.."well...I cant warranty that saw with that piston and cylinder...send me everything but the modified parts..and there will be no problem..." How good was that??...now with any warranty problems with Husky...I call him....

Generally as a rule...I run anything through warranty that i can for my customers....I will push a few things that arent if I can...if it helps out the customer..(or prospective customer)...why not??

If a Walkers saw showed up here needing warranty...i wouldnt think twice about it...in hopes of gaining that customer...and its happened....but now if a saw that had John Llamaberts name on it showed up....well..that would be different.....lol....

Latest posts

Back