Stop Gasket Maker Curing In The Tube.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are way over thinking this stuff.
Put the tubes of sealer in a freezer bag, it seals up tight and the sealers never set up.
I have a bunch of tubes that are 5-6 years old and come out of the tube like new when I need them.

You are way over thinking this stuff.
Put the tubes of sealer in a freezer bag, it seals up tight and the sealers never set up.
I have a bunch of tubes that are 5-6 years old and come out of the tube like new when I need them.
I’ve tried freezer bags, I ended up with 2 tubes half cured and had to cut them in half to get what remaining contents I could. The lids crack (especially on threebond products) too as it’s in contact with the carrier - either acetic acid or methanol. I’m convinced it’s designed that way to make you buy more. I’ve found this simple solution to solve all the problems I was having. Ymmv

A good tip I was shown by a builder to keep tubes of silicone, glue etc last much longer, is to unscrew the cap then cover the opening with any bit of old plastic bag etc or the glove you just took off after using the tube then replace cap/nozzle. Lasts years. The nozzle on the silicone will dry up but just replace it when using again.
I didn't do this with the Dirko btw.

20240602_001620_resized.jpg

A good tip I was shown by a builder to keep tubes of silicone, glue etc last much longer, is to unscrew the cap then cover the opening with any bit of old plastic bag etc or the glove you just took off after using the tube then replace cap/nozzle. Lasts years. The nozzle on the silicone will dry up but just replace it when using again.

View attachment 1181129
looks funny, but hey, if it works, who cares :) give the gasket a go, I think you may prefer it 👍

View attachment 1181129
I do this with fuel caps on equipment when I have to tip it over any. Plastic parts bags work also.

Latest posts

Back