Stray Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi there, I recently sold a Stihl 07S on Ebay. The buyer emailed me for payment instructions, but all my responses came back as undeliverable. The buyer has emailed me a few times more obviously unaware and even offered more money, but I contend that a deal is a deal. So if the buyer is out there, all is not lost, just call me to get your saw at 905 702 8357.
Has anyone else had emails come back as undeliverable, and if so, what should one do?
John

Hi John,
You may want to try to send the buyer an email using the email feature on ebay.
I think you can do it by logging in and then on your add click on the buyer and it should direct you sending an email.
Good Luck
Tony

That's a good idea. I did the same thing when emails to a buyer of mine started bouncing. In my case, the problem was that the buyer had changed his email address and mistyped it on his computer. The one on eBay was correct, so it worked.

Another thing you can try is to request full info on the buyer from eBay. You'll get everything including his phone number.

Also if you use the Checkout feature, there is no need for email at all. You enter the shipping and total price and it has your address already, all they have to do is go into the item number and it is all there.

john,
i bought that saw. sorry about the confusion. total price was one dollar and you pay the shipping. fell free to ship it any time to my shop and i will owe you the balance.:D marty

ebay details

If you have a contract (done deal auction) you can get the phone # from ebay and call the person. You submit your request and ebay emails you and them each other's contact info, this includes phone #. I have had to do it several times to keep a deal together.

Marshall

Back