Tillotson Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am hoping there is a Tillotson carb expert somewhere on the forum. I am working on a Homelite Super XL925 with a tillotson carb pictured below. The carburetor I'm working on is a HS 151. Pic below:
IMG_0762.jpg
I have rebuilt the carb and there is an access hole (circled in red) to the carb throat with nothing there. See next pic.
IMG_0759.jpg
That opening has a passage directly to the throat of the carb. Upper tiny hole in the throat, not the plate. (circled in blue) See next pic.
IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg
With the gasket mounted, nothing covers the hole circled in blue, previous in red? That is the inside surface facing the reed valves.There was nothing there when carburetor was removed. My question, should there be something there? Welsh plug? Or is it the way it should be? Any expert advice on this will be greatly appreciated. This carburetor is off of the Homelite Super XL 925 I posted in "What's on your bench" thread. Thanks, OT

It is for air or fuel in the venturi. Is the "hole" the only point that connects to the venturi?
It is the only external hole that connects to the venturi and would allow air to enter. Internal (under the welsh plug) there are three holes allowing fuel to enter. This hole, in my opinion, for air, is not being filtered in any manner that I can determine.
Edit: Although, it is inside the filter box at that point. The only contaminates that could get in there would be through the choke lever and throttle linkage passages.

Latest posts

Back