One owner never raced 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
20240720_183315.jpg
20240720_181814.jpg
I think eathonal killed it. Shows no signs of running lean on the exhaust.

Had a hell of a time getting piston off the rod

Cylinder cleaned up nicely so i orderd a pop up piston. Will put it together without touching ports.

Saw will go into service right away.

"One owner never raced"

hmmm.gif

"Only driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady with a secret, serious nitromethane, nitrous oxide, diethyl ether and methamphetamine habit." :cool:

If nothin else (no air leaks?), that saw's been drinkin WAY too much CORN!

Looks to me like water in the gas / oil mixture. I don't have that issue as I use non corn gas pre mixed in the container at 50-1, aka: Echo Red Armor or Tru-Fuel, but then I'm an occasional user and not a heavy user. One thing I do like about canned fuel is the extended time it stays viable. I even use it when I over winter my seasonal engines. I drain out the corn gas and replace it with a bit of canned fuel and run them for a time before letting them sit for the winter, They always start right up in the spring, no issue. No 'gunked up. carbs ever.

You can buy Tru-Fuel without any 2 stroke oil mixed in if you so desire. Not applicable with Red Armor however.

Didn't think of not letting it warm up.

Ill run non e gas i mix. Im a cheap ass and will never buy premixed fuel in can.

I mix my own that how I know its good -91 non ethonol- might want to give it a vac-pressure test or might end up the same way in about 5 minutes- is that an older MS- fantasic saws- tons of power- have one here I'm rebuilding- ordered new seals before I even pull it down and will vac-pressure test it before I pull it down

Ive pulled quite a few down.

I leaked behind the muffler saw it was in good shape. Went to starr it no compression. Got rid of decomp nada.

Tore it down and suprised to see the side of piston rubbed off.

Fuel was leaving a like yellow slime on stuff.

Oh yes, it MUST be the ethanol.
Only if it has water in it.
Getting just as much water in the non ethanol.
Look for a cold Rev and load, lean condition, pressure or vacuum leak. Fix it up without doing the basic checks and a cold Rev, immediate load and yo I will do it all over again.

Shes a runner.
Have only idled and set l needle closeish.

Sounds badass on the pipe no air leaks no hiccups continues run in all orientations.

Will do some playing with pipes and mufflers. Saw is otherewise stock hiway pop up gasketless is all.

20240727_154752.jpg

This saw will run with my tired 372xpw just firewood and a few small tree jobs.

Though digging machines do most our tree stuff now

Latest posts

Back