Time To Play... Diagnose This! - Internal Carb Failure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I worked for the power co. they replaced my bush axe with a husky 41, to my knowledge myself or anyone else ever got it cranked went back to the bush axe.

First thing to do, is find another carb that you know works fine and fits the saw. Install it and run it. That way you will know either your problem is related to carb or to other saw components.
If you confirm that your carb is an issue, and it passes every standard carb test, then just throw it away. If you dont know its past, it could be a broken or wrong H/L needles installed, damaged needle seats, it could leak fresh air thru the throttle plate rod being very worn out, could be wrong carb kit installed (some carb kits include different membranes that fit different types of carbs and you dont use all), maybe you installed membranes and gaskets the wrong way, maybe the carb is faulty and leaking around fuel inlet barb, maybe you forgot to install mesh screen in it...there is a million of little things that could go wrong.
You said your spark plug is black? That is not a sign of a lean condition. Is it black and dry, or black and moist?

I have a more interesting problem with one of my old Tillotson carb, but I will wait until you resolve your problem in this thread.

Latest posts

Back