Tony snyder's 2159 jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Reaction score
Hello tony and dennis g.
Well tony i've run the 2159, made a few cuts before I disassembled it Now stock thats a fast little saw, its really going to cut fast modified. I've got a husky 357 setting here to be massaged and almost all of the parts have the same parts no's. the flywheel, muffler,, carb, everything else are identical. the only thing different Is the 357 has a full circle crank and 1 mm smaller bore size.The 2159 jonsered has closed loop transfers with the new side plates on the transfers. jonsered has done some nice design work on this saw.I'll send some photos when I get farther along
ken

Ken...ya like those screws they got there?? I ordered a wrench for them...though factory tells me they will never seal again if we take them off...lol..yeah ok...

The only other thing with that 357 is that silly little plate they have on the one side of the crank...almost like a spacer....they tried to prove it made a difference at the update seminar, but I was already upset with them when they told me those early 385's didnt have a carb boot problem..though that was a northern problem mostly...ie cold weather...

But yes..that 2159 is a nice little saw..and most bottom end components match any pro saw up to 385...how can ya go wrong...

I cant wait to hear your results ken....can you put that one on your dyno when its done?? I am just starting a 357 today as well...we are going to have to find a way to match them....

2159 VS. 359

Hey guys, does the 2159 have the same cylinder as the 359? I seem to recall reading where on the 359, Husky was using a cylider produced in-house instead of them being farmed out as usual. This appears to be an overlooked saw to me. I'm interested to know how it compares to the 357xp once massaged. It's ahole lotcheaper...

Back