tony snyders 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Reaction score
Hello tony,
Heres a photo of your 2159 barrel on the lathe. had to remove .021 to arrive at .030 squish clearance. should put it together tonight and test it tomorrow. may go out tomorrow.
Ken

Ken, I notice that you mount your cylinder a bit differently on the lathe than we do...I use a "3 finger" expanding mandrel...but good pic all the same...that 2159 should definitely rip when you are done...

expanding mandrel

hello dennis,
send us a picture of how you mount that in the lathe. i've heard machinist's talk about expanding mandrels but never seen one attached to a barrel.
ken

How much does it cost to massage a 2159? I'm so impressed with this saw I'm seriously thinking of buying one.

2159 jonsered question

hello methoss 084,
The 2159 that I did for tony snyder(snydert) Is almost finished, very impressive saw. before I started the mods I filled it with fuel mix and oil and let it run at high idle for 2 8-10 minutes segments. then i cut with it. in a 13 inch pine it cut a 8.58 second cut. after all the modifications it cut a 4.65 in the same log with the same bar and chain. not bad , about a 45 % improvement in cutting time. enclosed a photo after last cut. excuse the sacks-dolmar bar but it was the right length.
I charge 300.00 dollars for the modifications on a woods saw
ken
[email protected]
530-589-2744

Latest posts

Back