Tractor Supply Co. Coupon?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vortec-Z71

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was at TSC today ready to buy a new generator. I was asking for 10% off but would settle for 5%. The store manager said that he didn't have the power to take any money off without a coupon (and couldn't point to single person who did) so I left. I don't understand this since my last purchase there was a 35 ton splitter and I got 10% off from one of the employees without a coupon pretty easily. Anyways, I was wondering if anybody has an extra coupon laying around. It would be much appreciated if someone could possibly email me one. I also signed up to be on the email list recently on TSC's website but was hoping to buy soon. I also apologize if this is the wrong forum. Thanks in advance for any help, Chris

Last edited:
It was my understanding that any TSC manager had the ability to give a 10% 'customer satisfaction' discount with no grief from upper management. Perhaps the generators are moving well enough in your area without giving discounts on them?

I don't get too upset when stores don't agree to discounts/deals. Some items are easy to move and no discounts are available for them, and some have so little markup that they really can't discount them.

It was my understanding that any TSC manager had the ability to give a 10% 'customer satisfaction' discount with no grief from upper management. Perhaps the generators are moving well enough in your area without giving discounts on them?

No, he wouldn't give 10% off on anything. Said some nonsense about how if he gave me 10% off, he would have to give everybody else 10% off and then might as well discount everything in the store by 10%. I asked who would have the authority to make a small discount in order to move inventory and he said nobody. Seemed pretty proud to be what he said was "the highest employee at this TSC store" and yet can't give a discount like the ones people frequently receive in the mail. I will be going to another local TSC store from now on.

No, he wouldn't give 10% off on anything. Said some nonsense about how if he gave me 10% off, he would have to give everybody else 10% off and then might as well discount everything in the store by 10%. I asked who would have the authority to make a small discount in order to move inventory and he said nobody. Seemed pretty proud to be what he said was "the highest employee at this TSC store" and yet can't give a discount like the ones people frequently receive in the mail. I will be going to another local TSC store from now on.

Might as well try another one, their everywhere!

Are you sure you're not confusing shopping at Tractor Supply with shopping at a pawn shop?

Jeez Louise, talk about a chip on your shoulder -- believing you should get a 10% discount for patronizing a chain store to buy a low-quality piece of commodity equipment just because you decided to grace them with your presence. During the busiest time of the busiest day of the week (Saturday mornings).

Let's translate the Manager: "Hey #######, there's nothing I'm going to do to make a pain in the ass like you happy, after your done demanding your 10% you'll find six other things wrong, probably return it twice, and still ##### on the internet about how crappy the product was anyways...so GTFO so I can move on and deal with customers who I actually have a fair shot of having them leave here satisfied."

Looking at it from the retailers point of view, if they give 10% off, and the consumer uses a credit card, there goes another 4% and possibly additional transaction fees. I wouldn't blame them for denying any discounts without some type of mfgrs. rebate from a coupon.

Personally, I hate coupons.

Are you sure you're not confusing shopping at Tractor Supply with shopping at a pawn shop?

Jeez Louise, talk about a chip on your shoulder -- believing you should get a 10% discount for patronizing a chain store to buy a low-quality piece of commodity equipment just because you decided to grace them with your presence. During the busiest time of the busiest day of the week (Saturday mornings).

Let's translate the Manager: "Hey #######, there's nothing I'm going to do to make a pain in the ass like you happy, after your done demanding your 10% you'll find six other things wrong, probably return it twice, and still ##### on the internet about how crappy the product was anyways...so GTFO so I can move on and deal with customers who I actually have a fair shot of having them leave here satisfied."

lmao!

You really think it is rediculous to ask for a small discount after recenlty spending nearly $2000 on a brand new splitter and ready to write a check for $1300 generator? The splitter has been great to me and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. That's why I went back. I never said I was entitled to any kind of discount but if I'm spending a couple grand, the store could be willing to deal a little. If they're not that's fine, I can go somewhere else. Doesn't mean that the manager has to be rude because I asked for a small discount which other employees have done for me a couple times in the past on the more expensive items I buy including the splitter. Finding someone who can make a decision at large chain stores is like finding a needle in a haystack. They claim they "don't have the authority" but can't point to someone who does.

Last edited:
Middleboro, MA eh? Is is the TSC in Taunton?

Think you are my closest neighbor on here, I'm in Assonet (Freetown.)

Middleboro, MA eh? Is is the TSC in Taunton?

Think you are my closest neighbor on here, I'm in Assonet (Freetown.)

I was thinking Taunton myself. I've been to that one 1/2 dozen times and bought my 22ton Huskee there. I did buy the splitter on sale but no discounts above that. I've been to the one in Coventry RI a couple of times but I prefer Taunton.

I ask for discounts everywhere I go, 5%, 10% an extra cheeseburger for the wait. The more in my pocket the better. TSC gives discounts all the time so damn skippy I would have asked too.

You really think it is rediculous to ask for a small discount after recenlty spending nearly $2000 on a brand new splitter and ready to write a check for $1300 generator?

Ask? Meh. Unless there's an issue with it -- it's a floor model kids have been pulling the levers on, it's been returned, it's sitting in the corner with a quarter inch of dust on it -- I don't see why you'd ask but go ahead.

Get all pissy they won't give you one? Absolutely fracking ridiculous.

Do you walk into McDonald's and get miffed when they won't fix you a Whopper at noontime then ##### online about how poor their customer service is?

This wasn't some local dealer selling professional grade equipment who had may have had a bit more wiggle room on the price, especially for repeat customers. But that's not what you were buying or where you were at, you were at a discount chain store.

What was the downside to this to Tractor Supply? You decided to go to...another Tractor Supply in the future.

I don't see how TSC can be a "discount" store when they charge $100 for coveralls you can get at wally world for $59. That aside the Farm-n-fleet store we used to have was much easier to deal with. I never paid taxes and seldom paid full price for anything.

Ask? Meh. Unless there's an issue with it -- it's a floor model kids have been pulling the levers on, it's been returned, it's sitting in the corner with a quarter inch of dust on it -- I don't see why you'd ask but go ahead.

Get all pissy they won't give you one? Absolutely fracking ridiculous.

Do you walk into McDonald's and get miffed when they won't fix you a Whopper at noontime then ##### online about how poor their customer service is?

This wasn't some local dealer selling professional grade equipment who had may have had a bit more wiggle room on the price, especially for repeat customers. But that's not what you were buying or where you were at, you were at a discount chain store.

What was the downside to this to Tractor Supply? You decided to go to...another Tractor Supply in the future.

Do you walk into a car dealership and pay MSRP? Does everybody pay sticker price unless there's an issue with it? So TSC can regularly email out 5-15% off coupons on their mailing list no problem but its rediculous for me to ask the manager to match even 5% off so I don't have to wait for one to be emailed to me? I was ready to buy on the spot and TSC could have made some money and both won. Their profit margin is a lot higher than that.

The following products are currently excluded from online order-level coupons and promotions:

Welders
Gate Openers & Accessories
Compressors

Push Mowers
Plasma Cutters
Generators

Trimmers
Tillers
Chainsaws

Pressure Washers
Gas Powered Augers
Spreaders

Rider Attachments
Log Splitters
Blowers

Gas-Powered Engines
Ride-On Toys
Heaters

Outdoor Structures

The fine print also says the following:

Does not apply to tax,
shipping or Online Parts Store. Offer does not include Power Plus Plans, TSC gift cards, delivery services, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, or
Bad Boy products.

The fine print also says the following:

Does not apply to tax,
shipping or Online Parts Store. Offer does not include Power Plus Plans, TSC gift cards, delivery services, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, or
Bad Boy products.

So basically I can get a deal on any cheap chi-com clothing and footware, maybe some animal feed and anything in the candy isle.

ROAD TRIP!! :msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back