Tree cutter shot by landowners’ neighbor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What in the holy hell. I believe in protecting your home and property 100%, but there's 50 ways to have handled this without shooting the arborist. However, if something doesn't make sense, chances are we don't have all the information.

What in the holy hell. I believe in protecting your home and property 100%, but there's 50 ways to have handled this without shooting the arborist. However, if something doesn't make sense, chances are we don't have all the information.

The shooter was mistaken about the arborist being a trespasser onto his property.

Happened to my stepfather years ago. Still has the BB in his chin. He was up in a tree and a kid came out of the house and started shooting at him with a BB gun. He yelled down and his crew tackled the kid. Turns out a previous tree crew had done some work and somehow hurt the kids mother in the process. My stepfather was there cleaning up the previous guy's shoddy work and the kid thought it was the same crew.

Back