Tri axle load of split firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damato333

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a quandary. I have pretty much sold out of my wood for the year. I MAYBE have 5 cords left. I was thinking of buying a tri axle load of split seasoned wood. I know I have orders coming up. I'm worried if they go with someone else this year, they won't come back to me next year. I live about an hour outside of philly. Anyone know of someone near me that sells large (10 cords) quanitys of seasoned split wood.

I would think If you happen to find fully seasoned (very rare) split cut load of that size truck you'd likely pay so much for it that it would be a waste of money to resell and cost prohibitive to do so

I'm in the same boat. If you can make money on it why not ? A 23 yard tri-axle dump truck will only hold around 3.5 cords of cut and split. I have bought ten cord loads from a guy with a 45' highway truck and trailer (dumper).

How much did the dumpster cost you?
I'm in the same boat. If you can make money on it why not ? A 23 yard tri-axle dump truck will only hold around 3.5 cords of cut and split. I have bought ten cord loads from a guy with a 45' highway truck and trailer (dumper).

I can get it in my yard for around 220. Very hard to find truly ready to burn wood in big volume in these parts and I'm guessing prices are much higher here. I'm now concentrating on processing for later. I think it's not a bad thing to run out. I do most of my business in the summer and early fall. Many people call in the summer knowing I ran out the year before and they are happy to take it way before they need it.

Most of my business has been in the last two weeks. It's unbelievable everbody around me waits till the last second to order. I delivered 2 orders yesterday in the artic weather cause the people waited.
I can get it in my yard for around 220. Very hard to find truly ready to burn wood in big volume in these parts and I'm guessing prices are much higher here. I'm now concentrating on processing for later. I think it's not a bad thing to run out. I do most of my business in the summer and early fall. Many people call in the summer knowing I ran out the year before and they are happy to take it way before they need it.

I bought a 14 cord load of 1 year old ash logs last week. Started processing today. Moisture content 21% when split. Even burned a few splits in the stove. A little slow to take off but I'm sure it will be ready to go by February when people start running low. Hoping to bring in more if I can get it. Might be worth your while to try and find some ash.

Yea that's not a bad idea.
I bought a 14 cord load of 1 year old ash logs last week. Started processing today. Moisture content 21% when split. Even burned a few splits in the stove. A little slow to take off but I'm sure it will be ready to go by February when people start running low. Hoping to bring in more if I can get it. Might be worth your while to try and find some ash.

Latest posts

Back