TSC Bar Oil for $5.99

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it isn't quite that simple The stores are supposed to do a price match according to their policy and the manager at my store did but you were probably going to have to do some searching at different Tractor Supply locations to find the best price to get them to match. Then you go to the store manager and show them the ad for the other tractor supply and ask them to match that price.

Sorry, Mark, my store is back up to $7.49, from the $4.49 sale price. (And it sounds that may still be a deal for some guys locations.)
Same here. On line it says that my local store is back up to $8.99. Seems like the key is to be able to catch them at the end of the summer when they are trying to get rid of their old "Summer blend".

While not exactly on the subject of bar oil prices, the best container for dispensing bar oil into any saw's oil filler is an empty Carnation Coffee Mate container. The spout is perfect for filling the tank and it don't drip plus if you remove the plastic wrap label, the jugs are translucent plastic so you can easily see what you are doing, much better that the black jugs bar oil comes in, I keep a couple filled ones at all times. Menards just had the 'Poulan' purple bar oil in gallon jugs on sale a couple weeks ago for I believe 8 bucks. I bought 4 of them and put them on the shelf for later use. The oil is a pretty purple color.

The coffee creamer bottles also have a secure snap close lid so no leaking in storage in your truck or on your floor. Bad enough my saws all pee bar oil when sitting.

I just walked through my local TSC and bar/chain oil was over $12/gallon. So, I passed. I still have a couple gallons at home, hope to see a sale before I run out. On this topic of what I use for dispensing into my saws, well, I am a miser, and still use this very old bar oil quart bottle from probably 30 years ago. It fits better in my saw box, and I have never spent a day sawing that needed more than this much:

Reuse Bar Oil.JPG

Back