• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Vegetable and Herb Seed Packets - 50/ $10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a question now that you guys bring up storage.

How are seeds like these for off season growing. Can they bear fruit in greenhouse/ hothouse type growing? Hydroponic etc?
I am no experienced crop producer, but have 0 problems growin weeds.

Most/many plants here are started in greenhouses as climate is too cold late winter/early spring here (zones 4-5). You can grow year round if the space is kept warm and adequate light.

Some plants do better in greenhouses than others. Some varieties of the same plant will do better in pots (inside or out) than others. Check the cultivars

I've taken pepper and tomato plants from the garden in the fall and kept them inside overwinter. Had fruits in February. Some of the pepper plants stayed in the large pots and came inside winters for several years.

I'm lucky to have a friend with greenhouse who allows me to start my plants in return for helping keep the wood furnace going and tending to his own plants.

.peppers 2.JPGbroc cab 5:6.jpgtomatoes 5:6.jpg1 greenhouse.jpg

50 or 100, whatever you think will be a good for me and my sweety. I can either mail you some moolah, or paypal but would need the info to do so.

BTW her name is Kathy and she hates bugs and doing much outside ( if she does start gardens, GUESS who does most of the work.

Are you a bachelorette, widow, crazy cat lady? Also, Thanks again for your fine nature and kindness. So glad to share the forum with folks like you.

Mark

50 or 100, whatever you think will be a good for me and my sweety. I can either mail you some moolah, or paypal but would need the info to do so.

BTW her name is Kathy and she hates bugs and doing much outside ( if she does start gardens, GUESS who does most of the work.

Are you a bachelorette, widow, crazy cat lady? Also, Thanks again for your fine nature and kindness. So glad to share the forum with folks like you.

Mark
Thanks, Mark.
I'll get a package together tomorrow and ship out on Tuesday with all the others.
I'll give you the payment details in a private message.

Btw, I hate some bugs too and those will keep me inside when I'd rather be outside with the good bugs.
I guess the only ones I really hate are the ones that bite. :(

Just got my box of seeds and they look great. Radishes, rutabaga, carrots, onions, spinach, string beans, squash, some herbs I asked for etc and a couple of varieties of each, too. Even some weirds purple string beans, one an heirloom and the other 1ft long Chinese thing that will be interesting to try.
Just ordered another box for my stepson.

Just got my box of seeds and they look great. Radishes, rutabaga, carrots, onions, spinach, string beans, squash, some herbs I asked for etc and a couple of varieties of each, too. Even some weirds purple string beans, one an heirloom and the other 1ft long Chinese thing that will be interesting to try.
Just ordered another box for my stepson.
I got mine today too.

as I told TN,,,,,,,,, I am gonna wait to my sweetheart gets home so she can open them and have a little surprise. She is away in Ohio looking after her parents.

Here is a question now that you guys bring up storage.

How are seeds like these for off season growing. Can they bear fruit in greenhouse/ hothouse type growing? Hydroponic etc?
I am no experienced crop producer, but have 0 problems growin weeds.
I have a couple of small tabletop sized hydroponic systems like this https://www.amazon.com/iDOO-Hydropo...B08DLMRKHM?psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_37_t

We start most of our stuff inside but last year I used one for lettuce. Had fresh all winter. These little things work great. We set 2 up in the living room. They are automatic, start and stop themselves as needed and are pretty quiet. Nothing like going into the living room before supper in January and cutting some fresh lettuce for a salad. February or so we switched to seed starting. Going to get a 3rd one just for spinach and lettuce this winter. With the cost in the store for vegs these will pay for themselves

I have a couple of small tabletop sized hydroponic systems like this https://www.amazon.com/iDOO-Hydropo...B08DLMRKHM?psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_37_t

We start most of our stuff inside but last year I used one for lettuce. Had fresh all winter. These little things work great. We set 2 up in the living room. They are automatic, start and stop themselves as needed and are pretty quiet. Nothing like going into the living room before supper in January and cutting some fresh lettuce for a salad. February or so we switched to seed starting. Going to get a 3rd one just for spinach and lettuce this winter. With the cost in the store for vegs these will pay for themselves
Thanks diver. Those look nice. She has one but it is smaller. She grew herbs and tiny tomatoes in hers. The tomato plant has born fruit for 2 years lol.

Seeds are going quickly, between here and what others I've given away near me, but still have quite a few left.

Here's an updated list:

Herbs:
Rosemary
Cilantro
Thyme
Basil
Oregano (1)
Parsley

Veggies:

Lettuce
-
Grand Rapids,
Lollo Binda
Bibb
Tom Thumb
Black Seeded Simpson
Salad Bowl

Collards-
Georgia Southern Creole

Brussels Sprouts-
Catskill

Pak choi - (1)
Eggplant - (1)

Carrot -
Several different varieties

Beets -
Tall Top Early Wonder, Value size packs

Tomatoes -
Celebration Hybrid

Garden Green Beans -
Blue Lake Bush #274

Spinach -
Giant Noble
Baby leaf
Bloomsdale Long Standing

Radish -
Several varieties

Peas -
Super Snappy
Barden Bush
Marketmore
Spacemaster
+ others

Space Saver veggie Starter Garden packs, some organic.

Latest posts

Back