Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking ma it's going to be hard to find a chain for that but I realized you could always make your own or have one made. Derrrrr

Yea....I'm really upset the stihl got stollen. I'm just a Stihl guy anyway. I think it was dad's favorite saw too. But we've got some old macs and a ton of Homelites (with 3 filing cabinets of NOS homie parts) so I've got plenty to keep me occupied. Slowly, but surely I'm acquiring the old stuff around the farm and fixing/repurposing it. You can see in the corner of the Homelite pic, the cab and grille of a 1950 international pickup that my Papaw bought new.....it hasn't been tagged since 1963! Plan is to put in on a Ford Crown Vic chassis.
Cool truck ---I had a 54 chevy truck in highschool . 6 cyl. --4 speed with granny gear--It was a real truck!!

Someone has a strunk model G1 2 man saw on Craigslist. He claims its never been ran. It is painted army green. It's missing the pull start and he wants $450 yikes. I really like it but not that much.
abc4463e304627020dfbcc5f52bc9bca.jpg
a3a9abe97596a6c78c47a803ed26e3d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like all things GI isue. I collect coleman military lanterns and 1 burner pocket stoves---Check out spark plug and wire--HEAVY DUTY--I want it but out of my cheap or free zone

Alright guys I'm away from my saws all week. Tell me something good. Y'all put anything into some wood today? Any new-to-you saws?
I haven't touched any saws yet this week either. Makes me sad also. Hopefully I get my tach in the mail tomorrow and tune the 361. Also going to start on a alaskan mill for it tomorrow as well.

I haven't touched any saws yet this week either. Makes me sad also. Hopefully I get my tach in the mail tomorrow and tune the 361. Also going to start on a alaskan mill for it tomorrow as well.
I have thought more about stop buying saws. Get/repair a used big stihl-440,460 and a lower end mill and start putting more time in on that side of it.

What tach did you get? I have been looking and researching them

Whrrrrrrrrrr--My starter pawl spring is now a fairly straight peice o metal---Dang rookie--I will try to rebend---Also looking at a whole parts saw--cad-cad-cad-------Kensie when can I stop telling all my mess ups to make you feel better!!LOL

Back