Walbro WT Metering arm setting Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so looking again, it appears the cable as it goes through handle into case, and to carb, theres something missing that holds the cable through the case, thats missing. Like a cable adjustment, or cable stop.

It lives!!! took a little ether to get going, all back together. That little saw revs fast fast fast...

Now gotta learn to tune the carb. Idle seems good, full trigger doesnt sound good loading up maybe, about 3/.4 trigger sounds clean, then gets worse...

Glad you got it sorted.
For future reference ether isn’t the best idea for a chsinsaw... it has no lubrication & will wash away what is there. A squirt of mix straight down the carb is preferable.
Don't go bragging too much about your new found skillset... you may have bunch of "friends" show up with their neglected chainsaws in the boot ;)

I had posted this and then seen you got it sorted out.

You are not the lone ranger about your throttle cable.
I searched on-line, how to install a THROTTLE CABLE ON A STIHL 011 CHAINSAW.
I seen where several have/had this 011 throttle cable issue.
Here is one thread on this site about such that surfaced and I seen others links.
I did not read much of this, just enough to see it can be challenging. I did not look at all the links that surfaced during the search.
I've had the same pains until I figured out how to re-install the carb linkage on a Homie EZ with taking the handle apart. I can now do it blindfolded.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/011-avt-throttle-cable-installation.334919/

Glad you got it sorted.
For future reference ether isn’t the best idea for a chsinsaw... it has no lubrication & will wash away what is there. A squirt of mix straight down the carb is preferable.
Don't go bragging too much about your new found skillset... you may have bunch of "friends" show up with their neglected chainsaws in the boot ;)

I have no skill set, just a hack with tools and search capability :)

Also now to learn how to use this new chainsaw sharpening setup from Granberg (12v model)

I did just read an interesting carb test, the bump test during pressure test, to see if leaks, so if during transport, bumping doesnt cause the carb to leak and need to adjust metering arm down abit

Congratulations on getting the old girl running. It's a great feeling when you put in all that work and have success
Your work bench looks better than mine. I had to take over the outside table which upset wifey but these thing happen when you have a chainsaw hobby

Ps.
I have just bought a 011AV for $50

They say it hasn't worked for a long time, i wonder if its just the throttle cable issue....probably need a carb service too

Being shipped today so should get it next week, i will let you all know what happens

If I can just get a 012 I will have the whole set of this series

Attachments

• 20240529_180452.jpg
    20240529_180452.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240605_181829.jpg
    20240605_181829.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Congratulations on getting the old girl running. It's a great feeling when you put in all that work and have success
Your work bench looks better than mine. I had to take over the outside table which upset wifey but these thing happen when you have a chainsaw hobby

Ps.
I have just bought a 011AV for $50

They say it hasn't worked for a long time, i wonder if its just the throttle cable issue....probably need a carb service too

Being shipped today so should get it next week, i will let you all know what happens

If I can just get a 012 I will have the whole set of this series
All those saws sitting there to be worked on is gonna give me nightymares :)

hopefully tonight get around to tuning it. read up on it last night.

How do you tell if a bar is worn out? Thats a nasty looking bar. I seem to recall some sort of wear tool somewhere
Tom @Vintage Engine Repairs has a good youtube tutorial on tuning. Madsens has a reasonable guide too. Make sure filters etc are all clean, fuel is fresh & mixed as you intend to run it moving forward. Start at the factory setting as per the manual & if you have to adjust more than half a turn you've probably either gone too far or have another issue.
A cheap tach can be good piece of mind if you're not 100% confident in your tune.
Guide bar should be dressed so rails are even & parallel with any burs removed. Rail gap should be even & a few thou wider than 050/058/063. It can be adjusted with a roller tool or a hammer & shims on an anvil

Tom @Vintage Engine Repairs has a good youtube tutorial on tuning. Madsens has a reasonable guide too. Make sure filters etc are all clean, fuel is fresh & mixed as you intend to run it moving forward. Start at the factory setting as per the manual & if you have to adjust more than half a turn you've probably either gone too far or have another issue.
A cheap tach can be good piece of mind if you're not 100% confident in your tune.
Guide bar should be dressed so rails are even & parallel with any burs removed. Rail gap should be even & a few thou wider than 050/058/063. It can be adjusted with a roller tool or a hammer & shims on an anvil
Thanks mate!

Back