Water in AUX oiler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

The Millstead
Reaction score
Ok. Adding a twist to the topic. Anyone ever try Water in the AUX oiler? Apparently it is a known practice and the bar is supposed to stay much cooler. And the “drip” method is what is commonly used for water

The 3120 does seem to pump a lot of oil. Makes me wonder if it is enough for the 60” bar and then add water to cool.

After I got the 48 inch mill set up on the 60 inch bar with the 3120 I took a few measurements and it looks like the 56 inch mill will fit and I’ll get most of its capability with this bar. Maybe 2” less than the full capacity if the 56”rails.
Reason im mentioning this is if I drill the bar for the banjo bolt i will definitely not get the 56” mill on this bar. The bolt has to be to far back from the nose. Wont be worth it. Id have to buy a bigger bar. And at $650+ a pop…. Not happening right now.

Picture of the nose of the bar, I can run the 56 inch mill all the way up to the 6 inch mark on the tape measure so it grabs some of the nose pc and some of the bar. That is how i do the 42” bar with the 36” mill.
IMG_3819.jpegIMG_3818.jpeg

60" bar should be a good match for the 56" mill... will probably get a 55" cut out of it if you loose the bucking spikes.
Just drip the oil on like 90% of us do & see how that works for you. Haven't tried the water trick but I've heard similar accounts to what you have. Hydraulic fluid also works if you happen to have a good supply of it

60" bar should be a good match for the 56" mill... will probably get a 55" cut out of it if you loose the bucking spikes.
Just drip the oil on like 90% of us do & see how that works for you. Haven't tried the water trick but I've heard similar accounts to what you have. Hydraulic fluid also works if you happen to have a good supply of it
Spikes are always removed. Ok. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Idd start off with the drip

Back