Drilling a cannon bar (AUX OILER)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A small carbide to place the center wanted, pilot for next bit which is oiled profusely. I've drllied center of sprockets to use a vertical bar held by 1/4" 20 thru that hole gains more than an inch of milling reach
Something else I do is to mill with the "top" of the bar, that's where the power head pumps the oil anyway
I remember you saying that about milling with the top of the bar. Makes complete sense. The question I have is how much does the powerhead want to push itself out of the log doing it this way. Naturally using the bottom of the bar the powerhead pull itself HARD right up to the side of the log.. all I can imagine is fighting to keep the power head in the log using the top of the bar.

But as I said. Iv never done it so im obviously missing something

I remember you saying that about milling with the top of the bar. Makes complete sense. The question I have is how much does the powerhead want to push itself out of the log doing it this way. Naturally using the bottom of the bar the powerhead pull itself HARD right up to the side of the log.. all I can imagine is fighting to keep the power head in the log using the top of the bar.

But as I said. Iv never done it so im obviously missing something
Straight arming the vertical handle near the middle works well for me, the harder I try to feed the harder it is on equipment including me. Letting the cutters self feed makes for longer between sharpening and doesn't make much difference in how much time to slice a slab off that log

Interesting thread. For what its worth, if you are still unsure about drilling, I think the "drip method" is still OK. I know it works because once my main oiler on the saw got blocked and I managed a long period of milling with only my aux drip oiler. You could always drill later if you are not happy with the process.

Interesting thread. For what its worth, if you are still unsure about drilling, I think the "drip method" is still OK. I know it works because once my main oiler on the saw got blocked and I managed a long period of milling with only my aux drip oiler. You could always drill later if you are not happy with the process.
Still have not done it. Granberg ships the banjo bolt VIA horse back, not to mention it took them like 4 days just to process my order.

I appreciate it sir. I’ll probably end up drilling it but we will see.

Back