Weird story…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 197460

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a call from a client on a Thursday requesting to have some trees removed. I scheduled an appointment with him to go out and assess the following Monday at 1200. Come Monday, I ring him a few times while I’m getting ready to leave. It’s 47 miles to his house one way. He doesn’t answer the first time and the second time he even rejects the call. That’s completely fine, I didn’t really think anything of it at the time. So I get to his house and he is literally sitting on a chair in the middle of the driveway waiting for me. I pull up, get out, introduce myself etc…and he says, “Sorry, but we don’t need your services anymore.” I say, “Ok, no problem. Have a good day!” I get back in my vehicle and I’m thinking, “You couldn’t have told me that when I called twice a few hours ago?” So weird. I called him from the same number he called me from originally. So he knew it was me calling. They probably got someone else to do it, which is totally fine. Regardless of how annoying that was, I hope he is doing alright and wish him the best. I fail to understand what was going on in his head, though. Feel free to share any insight that I don’t have. First time being dismissed by a client.

Back