What do you think about a 2150 Jonsered?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xander9727

The Silverback
Reaction score
My local saw shop gave me a 2150 to try out. I was looking to buy a 026 pro or a 346xp husky and he said that a 2150 is as good of a saw for less money. I want to believe he has my best interest at heart but I fear he may be trying to unload a saw that has been on the shelf a while. I have my own tree business and the saw would receive daily employee use for limbing. It has an 18" bar (I usually us 16" bars for limbing). Let me know what your opinions are.

The 2150 is one of my fastest movers in the Jonsered line. Second to the 2149. It's a good unit at a fair price, maybe not as durable as a '49, but at about 60 bucks less money you can't expect it to be. I sell 18 inch bars about two to one over 16s on the 45-55cc class saws. Seem to have a better balance, and less cutting out on the tip while limbing. I would guess the 2150 w/18in. would be running you about 300 bucks depending on the bar, that's over 100 bucks less than a 026pro(260). Give it a try, your dealer may be doing you a favor!

Re: try it

Originally posted by stihltech
Sounds to me like we need your input after you try it out. What have you run to compare it too?

I run 025's for limbing but don't like the vibration (one groundie has carpal tunnel and I have a fused left wrist). I have a 191t climbing saw, an 031 and 036 for bucking and a 088 for the big stuff. All of my saws are modified (mufflers and carbs). I have run stihls almost exclusively in the past but this web site has opened my eyes to more affordable saws of equivilant quality.

Originally posted by Mack
Second to the 2149. It's a good unit at a fair price, maybe not as durable as a '49,

What is the difference between the 50 and the 49? I looked on Jonsereds web site and the engine seems to be identical, the weight is different but I can't see anything else from the information provided. If anyone can enlighten me I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi,

Husky, Jonsey, & Poulan are all Electrolux products.

Husky and Jonsey are assembled on the same lines and are basically the same units, well the Jonsey's are prettier in red and black.

I have been told that in the Scandanavian countries Jonsey is more popular than Husky.
;)

The '49 uses a different jug, and a magnesium alloy crankcase,
snap down cover. Both saws have the same performance curve.

Is there a real reliability issue here or does one just have more chrome on the dash. Do you like the power and perfomance of the 2150? Will it stand up to every day use and or abuse (not intentional or in front of me). Would you buy one or spend the extra money for the 026 or 346?

Originally posted by Lobo
I have been told that in the Scandanavian countries Jonsey is more popular than Husky.
;)
I dont think this is quite true. In Scandinavia Husqvarna and Stihl are practically in a dead heat for No.1 - now, Jonsered does hold a much bigger market share than in North America.

since we dont have Poulan in Scandinavia, there is more market left for Jonsered, since no-one buys crap really. I dont want to associate Jonsered with 'that' brand anyway....:D

Back