Winches, not wenches???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What do you guys use for winches on your PU’s? I have been thinking about what kind of a set up would be best and affordable. Most people around here run Waren electric winches, but most of them are mostly for show. The idea of a PTO seems to make the most sense, but I am guessing it is kind of pricey and having an automatic tranny, am not even sure it is an option.

i use a standard 12 volt bumper wench. with double cable an pulley she ll get anything i need.think its called pro pull
outa kansas.

Rob,

As far as I know, the PTO is not available for auto tranny's on Chev/GMC, >2001 model year You need to have the manual for those years. I can't say for models years prior to that.

I don't have a winch, and my wife specifically said, just prior to our wedding, that she would never sit on the bumper of my truck. One ill-placed remark while we were dating....

Have you looked into the hydraulic winches? Hydraulics use an engine mounted pump like a power steering pump and don't lose power like the electric models do. Electric winches drop power as the motor heats up.

Hello, I have a 12,000lbs. Warn mounted on the bumper, with roller fairleads. I really like it! I use it to pull those stupid, tough as nails, bushes out. I also use when I get stuck. The truck is a 1966 C-30 (GVWR 11,000lbs.), so we had to make the brackets, but they have kits for most newer vehicles. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back