wood dust in the carb hard on the saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am.well aware of that... and I highly doubt you can tune a carb to save your life.
It is a very simple process. I generally did it once or twice per year on my 038 Super. It ran well but I got rid of it due to repeated failures of the bar oil pump. I gave it to my brother-in-law and he fixed it a couple of times and then got tired of that and got some Husqvarna model.

There is a lot in here in 15 pages of fact stretching that have nothing whatsoever to do with topic!
That, at least is a demonstration of the second law of thermodynamics: entropy always increases! :)
But, to stay on topic, my original intent was to provide a case where I believe sawdust did indeed damage my engine. And why have a filter if it would not?

It is a very simple process. I generally did it once or twice per year on my 038 Super. It ran well but I got rid of it due to repeated failures of the bar oil pump. I gave it to my brother-in-law and he fixed it a couple of times and then got tired of that and got some Husqvarna model.
Oh, I bet you did, you hard charger!

In any case, the problems that led me to get rid of the saw all began when I changed the spark plug. And the dealer actually tried to talk me out of the 500i, saying it was too expensive for a firewood saw. They suggested a smaller model. I don't see an advantage to them to sell me the only 500i they had at a price well below MSRP. And saws are not their main business. It was a farm implement dealer, that sold Kubota, Case, New Holland and other brands of tractors, excavators, combines, planters, etc. I can't see moving saw inventory would make much difference to such a dealer.
First, changing the plug for no reason, on a good running saw makes no sense. Whatever caused you to think the plug needed changed should have pointed you in a different direction. I quite assure you, changing the plug and whatever minimal amount of crap fell in the cylinder did not cause the saw to loose power.
Second, dealers are under tremendous pressure to sell inventory. This is only compounded when you're a dealer for multiple lines. We had the same issue at the shop. Deere was particularly bad for it. Even as an industrial dealer we had to sell so a certain amount of ancillary items a year to keep our dealership status, ie stupid Keychains, grease zerk rejuvenating things, deere branded grease, lubricants, coolant, promotional items etc. We basically sold all that crap at cost just to move it. Kubota, case ih etc all have the same stupid rules. Need to sell so much a year to keep the dealership status, even if it's selling at or below cost.
Third, sitting on inventory sucks for tax reasons. It's often advantageous to sell at a loss vs letting it sit on the shelf.
I'm, personally, of the opinion that they (one of the mechanics) wanted the saw and or no one wanted to fix it. They saw tou coming from a mile away.

First, changing the plug for no reason, on a good running saw makes no sense. Whatever caused you to think the plug needed changed should have pointed you in a different direction. I quite assure you, changing the plug and whatever minimal amount of crap fell in the cylinder did not cause the saw to loose power.
Second, dealers are under tremendous pressure to sell inventory. This is only compounded when you're a dealer for multiple lines. We had the same issue at the shop. Deere was particularly bad for it. Even as an industrial dealer we had to sell so a certain amount of ancillary items a year to keep our dealership status, ie stupid Keychains, grease zerk rejuvenating things, deere branded grease, lubricants, coolant, promotional items etc. We basically sold all that crap at cost just to move it. Kubota, case ih etc all have the same stupid rules. Need to sell so much a year to keep the dealership status, even if it's selling at or below cost.
Third, sitting on inventory sucks for tax reasons. It's often advantageous to sell at a loss vs letting it sit on the shelf.
I'm, personally, of the opinion that they (one of the mechanics) wanted the saw and or no one wanted to fix it. They saw tou coming from a mile away.
They saw a sucker coming a mile away.

I see we are on the usual B.S just a different thread. I can't speak for everyone else but I am God awful tired of reading through a thread only to find you two monkeys going at each other's throats. I didn't pay to read you two argue and insult each other. FFS.
No one is forcing you to read these threads, yet here you are.

(snip)
THAT IS A FACT FOR ALL DEALERS, PERIOD.
ALSO A HARSH REALITY
(shrug) I thought the same thing, no disrespect intended to OP… but I’ve seen this over and over and over. They’ve tried it on me… often… (shrug)

I see we are on the usual B.S just a different thread. I can't speak for everyone else but I am God awful tired of reading through a thread only to find you two monkeys going at each other's throats. I didn't pay to read you two argue and insult each other. FFS.
+1 this thread died a long time ago. I have it set to ignore but it popped up when I searched for recent posts and I made the mistake of taking the bait and clicking on it 🤣

Latest posts

Back