wood dust in the carb hard on the saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except that statement i made in regards to viscosity and film strength was made with caveats and under certain conditions. You conveniently gloss over that because you're an autistic weirdo and it doesn't match with what the college course you took 40 some years ago said. In short you lack any sort of critical thinking skills beyond what a book tells you. And that's why your an old fart that's still designing poop stirring devices.
And no **** an EP oil works best in a EP application.
Let me try one more time. Film strength is a fluid property. It is not dependent on hydrodynamic conditions. Film thickness, on the other hand, depends on hydrodynamic conditions as well as fluid properties.

Let me try one more time. Film strength is a fluid property. It is not dependent on hydrodynamic conditions. Film thickness, on the other hand, depends on hydrodynamic conditions as well as fluid properties.
I am well aware of that, which is why I phrased my comment the way I did. It's not on me that you lack the critical thinking skills to reason through what I said. I think everyone else got it.

You claim I am autistic. I did not say that, and no doctor has ever said that. I guess you claim to be a doctor, too! My knowledge of fluid dynamics is not based only on what I learned many years ago in books. It is based on over 40 years of practical experience working with fluids every day, and I publish technical articles on the subject. Your "caveats" do not remove the fact that you said viscosity is essentially film strength, and you are also confusing film strength with film thickness, which is in fact dependent on hydrodynamics, even to the point that air, which has an extremely low viscosity, can produce a film thickness sufficient to prevent metal to metal contact under certain conditions. BTW, I am not working on agitating poop. Today I am working on a project for Shell Oil to design a continuous flow multistage reactor with non-Newtonian viscosity characteristics that change as a function of degree of reaction conversion. I calculate residence time distribution and stage efficiency, accounting for backmixing between stages.
You still can't grasp a simple concept...

Latest posts

Back