xxv poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
passed an oldtimers place today and he was sellin stuff. bought a trimmer and [this the good pt ] a dirty poulan xxv.
man this thing is the simplest saw ive worked on. thats the way i likeum..
one gas line ,and she running like new.
havnt got the trimmer rite yet tho.
by the way they were 10 a piece.:D
kinda makes up for the homelite that didnt oil rite.
what i noted most was the difference in ease of working on the poulan versus the
homelite.heck if i can fixit ,u know it was easy:) sometime u have a good day.

way to go Tony! congrats on your new saw. I was in Bailey's this morning ... again..., they have an impressive Poulan-Pro (Yellow) that looks like a 80 or 90 cc saw, w/ 30" bar. On the same stand as there b51. They look alike to me, ... (german?), like the Dolmars, Solos. There new Christmas Catalog is advertizing some nice prices on Husky saws. Not the best I've seen, but certainly competitive.

Tony
Good find, in early 1970s that solid magnesium blocked saw sold for $129.bones,one of the first saws which had the tillotson fuel finder carb enabling it to cut upside down.It was made in Shreveport,Louisiana. Seth

dont know how old it is but the mix instructions call for half pt of oil per gal o gas.:) checked the piston an she looks good.i operate this one an the cs 3000 i have. kinda makes me wonder if any real progress has been made.at least w top
handles. i do know this is the type tool that i can appreciate. simple,works well and dependable. ill pick that everytime over super maxed performance. that dont mean i aint gonna have one race horse in the stable ,sooner or later.:)
but when i go to wk i just want the dam thing to do its job ,so i can do mine.
well i thot we were over the drought ,
but now im not so sure. at least i been gettin all i could stand for a month or so.
work i mean.:cool: :D

Tony,

I ran 25's for close to 25 years. Last week I traded away my last one. If you need any parts, let me know, I have crates full. When I ran those saws I'd do all of the maintenance on them until the crank seals went. That was after four to five years of full time use. By that time, they were ready for the boneyard. I gotta say though, they are sure bulky and heavy compared to my 335's. Even though there were some reliability issues at first and I can't work on the saw's innards, I wouldn't like to go back to the 25's

Tom

well this one doesnt actually feel as balanced as the xl homelite. but
just got a feeling this thing mite
be a dependable saw. if she will work with me next week ,and not make me have to fool withit much. ill be keeping it.

Back