Redmax two stroke oil for a reasonable price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd you live near a brains farm and fleet I think it was $7.00 and some change for mystic bar oil per gallon. They won't ship it. And rural king had a different brand for about the same price.
CAM2 at rural king but it was out of stock here. paid 9.99 for the itasca and it is much better than the cheap stuff i have used and has lots of tack in it.

I got a few quarts of ace hardware brand stuff laying around that will get me by. I have some red armor laying around but it is the prev formula made by spectrum before it was changed out to the cheaper version.
This will put me up to 5 gallons of 2 stroke oil on hand. And I just checked my supply of bar oil and I got plenty of that as well. Now just need to stock up 5w20, 10w30, and 5w40/15w40 again. Seems all my vehicles need the oil changed at the same time. Honda, expedition, f-250, f-350, the kubota and yanmar are also due.

This will put me up to 5 gallons of 2 stroke oil on hand. And I just checked my supply of bar oil and I got plenty of that as well. Now just need to stock up 5w20, 10w30, and 5w40/15w40 again. Seems all my vehicles need the oil changed at the same time. Honda, expedition, f-250, f-350, the kubota and yanmar are also due.
I use Schaeffer 9000 in my truck and can't complain about it. More expensive than mobil 1 but my truck is quiet running on it.

@sean donato Klotz is good oil but my sniffer can't stand the strong odor of it anymore. Last i used was the R50 mixed at 50:1
Ah I love how it smells lol. We used it in dad's race boat since it mixes with methonal.. super techniplate. Actually always used it, but it's kinda a pain to get, and it needs a stabilizer added to it. Figure it's time for a change for something a little easier to deal with and redmax and red armor get high reviews here and I trust the guys reccomending it. Bunch of them depend on their saws for a living.

I bought a quart of ace hardware brand low ash oil for $10 and change today. it is greenish and smells like echo powerblend and does a fine job.
But i am just a firewood hack with a cheap chainsaw.
I'am waiting for you to blend them all together for a Salad dressing !

The old SDS from spectrum showed it containing a ester and had a higher flash point. I don't see any mention of ester in the current blend and the flash point is lower now.
You might not depending on the company. Esters aren't toxic so they don't need to be shown. Flash point can change by the method used to measure it as well. And higher would probably not mean it's better. It may mean it's worse.
MSDS gives a very coarse peak at what might be in it.

Our ethanol free gas runs $1 - $1.5 higher than regular. $4.75 last I bought. I run it in every small engine I have. Diesel is a pita for the tractor.

You might no depending on the company. Esters aren't toxic so they don't need to be shown. Flash point can change by the method used to measure it as well. And higher would probably not mean it's better. It may mean it's worse.
MSDS gives a very coarse peak at what might be in it.
That's my opinion also !

Shoot our regular unleaded gas is way more than you guys are spending, I paid $5.23/gal last time I filled the car. Costs nearly $0.60/mile to move my truck now. No clue what E0 is, probably approaching $7/gal.

I have enough two stroke oil to last me a LONG time, at my usage rate. I won't be cutting wood for myself this year at all, and will be finding someone who needs wood cut just to put some trigger time on my new saw.

3.77 here E10. E-free 90 1 dollar more a gal.

Pic is old but use this and mix this for years now.

FD 100% synthetic and cheaper then the semi syn red armor stuff.

View attachment 1025333View attachment 1025334View attachment 1025335
VP may well be great oil, but don't assume it's better than a synthetic blend just because it's advertised as 100% synthetic.
In fact it mat be worse. Certain synthetics have almost no ability to protect against corrosion and to the contrary actually attract moisture from the air.
Years ago I had this issue with Redline two cycle racing oil and it wasn't pretty. It even corroded carb brass and it didn't take alot of time to do so either.
For those living in arid climates it's not as big of an issue but any place east of the Mississippi it certainly can be.
Again I am not saying VP is bad as I have never ran it and don't know. I'm just saying you really have to be careful with blanket statements/thinking like 100% synthetic is better than a syn blend, because often times, for our sorts of use it simply is not.

Latest posts

Back