Getting ready for INDIANA GTG on the 10th(PICS)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you attending this gtg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

breymeyerfam

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

this is what I have got so far.
attachment.php

cut notches in big rounds for a cutting stand... should work.... sturdy as it gets!
attachment.php

for long bars. for reference thats a 361 w/24" bar on top and the log is wider.
attachment.php

if we need more to cut, this is in my driveway and needs to come down...

Last edited:
Looks, good! I'm going to try my best to make it. What kind of saws does anyone want me to bring?

Most of mine are older, but I do have a 575xp and a 262xp converted 261. Plus a SXL925 and a just recieved Poulan 245A that I will try to have up and running by then. I could also bring a Partner 5000 if someone wants to try it.

Also I want to know if the PPE police are going to be there. (I'm kinda old fashioned)

I'll probably be by myself if someone wants to buddy up for the ride down from Wheatfield.

Last edited:
Looks like your ready to go...gonna be a good GTG w/ some BIG wood. I'll wave from the air...flying out of Detroit to Mexico the morning of the 10th.

Unless the sob's at work make me work, which I can't see.
I'll be there. Can't wait.

I need to get a few more 8-12" striaght log for cuttin cookies, but other than that and cleanin up the garage, Im ready. Hope my Northern Grinder gets here by next friday, I need to get some chains sharp. the only sharp chains I have right now are for the 180 and 020t, and 32"ers.

Levi, I'd love to make it but I can't leave here until 2:00 and it would take my a little over an hour to get there. These things usually break up on their own around like 4:00 or so.... I doubt I'll make the drive just to wave bye to everybody leaving. I'd love to meet some new folks and run some saws with you guys but unless something changes I think I'm gonna sit this one out. :(

:cheers:

Last edited:
Levi, I'd love to make it but I can't leave here until 2:00 and it would take my a little over an hour to get there. These things usually break up on their own around like 4:00 or so.... I doubt I'll make the drive just to wave bye to everybody leaving. I'd love to meet some new folks and run some saws with you guys but unless something changes I think I'm gonna sit this one out. :(

Bummer..............Hoped you'd make it!

well, hope you can get up here in march when i do it again. I know of atleast one is staying after class to play with another one of my hobbies(things that go bang when you pull the trigger).

Hold on a minute..

well, hope you can get up here in march when i do it again. I know of atleast one is staying after class to play with another one of my hobbies(things that go bang when you pull the trigger).

No one said there was going to be any gun play going on.. This is a whole nother thing...

What distances will we be shooting? and what calibers are ok to bring?
Long guns? short guns?

No one said there was going to be any gun play going on.. This is a whole nother thing...

What distances will we be shooting? and what calibers are ok to bring?
Long guns? short guns?

well... I guess dont bring anything larger than .50bmg...... the biggest I got is 300wm. pistol distance to 300y depending when saws get finished.

I have a few long guns I might toss into the back seat of the truck.

I might bring my 45-70 I need some empty brass to reload.. Might as well check and see if the .223 is still dialed in too..
This is going to be one heck of a party.. Only thing this shindig is missing is wild women..
Do you have a good shooting rest?

I might bring my 45-70 I need some empty brass to reload.. Might as well check and see if the .223 is still dialed in too..
This is going to be one heck of a party.. Only thing this shindig is missing is wild women..

no shooting rest, do most my shootin prone. can probably do a 100y and maybe a 200 while cs thing is going, but any further, we have to wait.

I would love to compare that 45-70 against my 458 socom, but at 3 dollars a pop I just can't bring myself to shoot it.

I'd had plan on bring a couple of AR-15's I might throw in another rifle or two if there is an evil black rifle that someone would like to shoot. I have HK91's, AK47's, Uzi's, FAL's,SKS's, Mini14's,M44's etc. I just don't want to bring them all then have to clean them all.

I would love to compare that 45-70 against my 458 socom, but at 3 dollars a pop I just can't bring myself to shoot it.

I'd had plan on bring a couple of AR-15's I might throw in another rifle or two if there is an evil black rifle that someone would like to shoot. I have HK91's, AK47's, Uzi's, FAL's,SKS's, Mini14's,M44's etc. I just don't want to bring them all then have to clean them all.

darn... shot all them, well except a 458socom:(

Latest posts

Back