Getting ready for INDIANA GTG on the 10th(PICS)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you attending this gtg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
darn... shot all them, well except a 458socom:(

What ticks me off about the 458. I brought the thing for a purpose of deer hunting because is legal to hunt with it.
I much rather had the 50 beuwulf, but at the time it wasn't legal to hunt with a the 50 after I got the 458 I found out it was now legal to hunt with the Beuwulf.
The 50 Beuwulf cost about half the price for ammo than the 458 Socom and the ballistic's are almost the same.

What ticks me off about the 458. I brought the thing for a purpose of deer hunting because is legal to hunt with it.
I much rather had the 50 beuwulf, but at the time it wasn't legal to hunt with a the 50 after I got the 458 I found out it was now legal to hunt with the Beuwulf.
The 50 Beuwulf cost about half the price for ammo than the 458 Socom and the ballistic's are almost the same.

I've shot the 50 beuwulf... its got the knock down, but If your gonna do that, just get a desert eagle in 50ae. they have the cool factor:clap:

the 458 is not a Legal Indiana Cartridge is it?

The 50 beowulf meets the criteria. though

Carpool???????????????????

If anyone wishes to carpool from the south part of the state, I will be willing to let you hop in.I will be leaving Martinsville at the crack of dawn or an hour before. It is a 2 hour drive from here.

Two hours from your house?????

I thought this thing was just west of Indy? :dunno:

Last edited:
LOL @ Erick

I wondered when you moved.. I read where you said you were only an hour away,. Nope north or Terrible Haute, west of Lafayette

back to saws now... sorry we got a little side tracked. this thin was planned for a 10am start, but 8:30 - 9ish might me better to give us a little more time in the afternoon. good?

back to saws now... sorry we got a little side tracked. this thin was planned for a 10am start, but 8:30 - 9ish might me better to give us a little more time in the afternoon. good?

I'm not sure if I can make it that early. I would have to leave at 6 in the morning. I have to work the night before till 11:30.
The older I get the more I appreciate 7 hours of sleep a night.
Guys don't cut everything up before I show up though.

I've shot the 50 beuwulf... its got the knock down, but If your gonna do that, just get a desert eagle in 50ae. they have the cool factor:clap:

If I ever got a Desert eagle I would get a 44 mag. The 50ae is an expensive round I believe.
I saw a LAR Grizzly today in 45 win mag. for 1000 dollars. Wish I had 1000 dollars. But I'll bet the 45 win mag. is an expensive round too.

I would still take the 458 socom over all of them still.
I mean a big bore AR. How cool is that?

100_3875.jpg

How about folks just show up when they can?

I am sure Levi will have plenty of wood to cut. We need to make sure someone has targets too..

Ok Now the OHIO gtg is behind us

Who all is planning on attending Levis? I spent over an hour trying to file a chain so it might cut butter. This square filing is new to me.. But I think I have it lined back out.. I will go do a test cut in a sassyfrass log in bit..

Who all is planning on attending Levis? I spent over an hour trying to file a chain so it might cut butter. This square filing is new to me.. But I think I have it lined back out.. I will go do a test cut in a sassyfrass log in bit..

I"m in.

Back