100 octane ethanol free fule.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run only E10 and have done so for several years in dozens of saws, many of which sit with fuel for extended periods and have not had a fuel-related problem. My only accommodation is using a stabilizer and keeping the mix in a sealed can.

"If it's 100LL AV gas, skip it."
Why is AV gas bad again?
Breathing tetraethyl lead fumes coming out of a muffler 2 feet from your face in an attempt to get your saw something it doesn't need or want makes no sense to me. Since your saw does not adjust it's timing on the fly to adapt to conditions in the combustion chamber, every additional "point" of octane above 87 or so will only decrease the power the saw makes. To each his own, however

Breathing tetraethyl lead fumes coming out of a muffler 2 feet from your face in an attempt to get your saw something it doesn't need or want makes no sense to me. Since your saw does not adjust it's timing on the fly to adapt to conditions in the combustion chamber, every additional "point" of octane above 87 or so will only decrease the power the saw makes. To each his own, however

This is why I don't burn 100ll and in my opinion is the only downside. (but a significant one).

If I could find 87 Non Ethanol I'd still buy it.ran 87 n/e for several years with no problems.The only time I ran anything over 87 was when i was tuning my bike.Didn't want to get "Ventilated piston syndrome" with the Milled Heads I'm running.Got down to 93 n/e on it but thats non existant around here now.Guess I'll try 90 n/e next and hope for the best.

I run only E10 and have done so for several years in dozens of saws, many of which sit with fuel for extended periods and have not had a fuel-related problem. My only accommodation is using a stabilizer and keeping the mix in a sealed can.

What stabilizer are you using? Since we can't get non-eth close I have been adding star-tron ETH treatment for my out boards. Cross my fingers.

The vast majority of water in fuel/condensation happens before you pump it into your can. The amount of ethanol the fuel contains is determined right as it goes into the holding tank at the station, the driver mixes it as he fills the gas stations tank. He dips the tank for level, determines it needs 25,000 gallons and based on that number, figures out how much ethanol to add. He never tested the tank to see how much water or ethanol it already had.... why you test the fuel before adding it to your can. The can you have stored in the shed can no way condense an extra pint of water or change the ethanol content... your doomed from the beginning, especially if the tank is low and why it's good to use a filling station with a high amount of sales.... so it's consistently being emptied.

Like Neal said, adding a stabilizer is good, but determining if your filling station is killing you is the CORRECT answer... before you pump it!
OR buying non-E fuel.

Thanks Randy. I was thinking about getting a test kit. I believe I will because I don't see this going away.

I can get NON E 87 and 91octane fuel. The premium is usually only $0.20/gal or so I usually buy the 91 but think next time I will try the 87 to make more power been toying with the idea for a few years.

"If it's 100LL AV gas, skip it."
Why is AV gas bad again?

Simple. No light ends. Down on the ground we use "MoGas" which has seasonally- variable component of dissolved HC gases, like ethane, propane, butane etc. Helps engine startup. In an aircraft, as altitude increases, there comes a point where those gases boil up, and give you serious vapor-lock. Resulting in rapid descent.

i paid 3.77 for 87 E0 for the truck and paid 3.88 for 90 octane E0 for the saws, trimmer and mower.

Problem with buying from "blender" pumps is you get 2 gal + of the last persons choice.

Cam 2 / Sunoco 110 leaded gas is 10.00 per gal. no other non E gas in Connecticut that I know of.

image.jpg Thanks for all the info. The "race" fuel I originally posted about is unleaded. But I need all the power I can get. My lil 260 was fightn above his weight class today.think I'll stick with the cheap stuff.

Latest posts

Back