3120XP Gone WILD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Jacob..I'm not raggin... but etiquette boys

Marcel Vincent's little boy...lol the french connection
I'm no professional, but Simon has one of thee most technically superior cold start techniques I've ever seen.
Helsel boys and Herb Gingras are supposed to be as good but I've never seen them. Smooth...

His brother Sabastian is also involved.

well i think yall might want to go look at the webster results over the years every time the hesel boys showed up to race one of them, has won it and as far as gingras hes won it a couple times to that is one show that is hard to win ask simon he won last year he can tell you how hard it is to win as far as who has the best saws well i believe that would be a toss up i really believe its got to do with the start and be very smooth a lot of cold start races are won and lost on the start later TROY

Just thinking out loud here, but after re-reading the posts about the work on the carb, I wonder, if after bending the fabricated H screw, it could have been replaced with the H screw from a WG3. The look to be about 3 bucks on several sites, and I would imagine that, if the WG8 came with one, they'd use the same part. Anyone know about this?

That wouldn't work. The carb was drilled for a M5 x .8 bolt. And it still wouldn't solve the clearance issue. The early 3120 that had a fully adjustable carb must have had the screws in a different location, or a different filter base.

I find it both funny and frustrating that manufacturers will show the same parts breakdown schematic for two or more units (in this case the WG3 and 8), but in reality there is
not a whole lot of actual interchange. I suppose the tech writers were too lazy to use better schems. I wonder if the machining could be done to utilize the Walbro screw and springs.

I think I'll be facing the clearance issue soon enough with the 3120 I'm picking up tomorrow. I likely will Tig a small length of Al tube in there to create a channel for adjuster. If so, I'll post pics of the process.

hey Brad i know only for about 3 minutes of phone conversation,where you never said your name. i find out who send me the carb when i have opened the box when i have received it.

i will turn it the other way, let just say i call you to get the fastest chainsaw that you can build. Once i receive it, i open it up,i take pictures ,i take durations , measure the squish, then i check everything on the carburetor and i take picture. After that i will post all these information over here. All that after a couple of hours that i have receive the chainsaw. After that i will be able to offer that to any of my customer that would want to have a wood port chainsaw. Cause i do receive a couple of phone call per years for that kind of modification. What would you say?

I honestly think that when you buy something, it is your property,but you should ask before posting pics of another person work

you can stay into that kind of bussiness for a long time if you can not be trust!!

Last edited:
hey Brad i know only for about 3 minutes of phone conversation,where you never said your name. i find out who send me the carb when i have opened the box when i have received it.

i will turn it the other way, let just say i call you to get the fastest chainsaw that you can build. Once i receive it, i open it up,i take pictures ,i take durations , measure the squish, then i check everything on the carburetor and i take picture. After that i will post all these information over here. All that after a couple of hours that i have receive the chainsaw. After that i will be able to offer that to any of my customer that would want to have a wood port chainsaw. Cause i do receive a couple of phone call per years for that kind of modification. What would you say?

I honestly think that when you buy something, it is your property,but you should ask before posting pics of another person work

I completely understand Simon. Please accept my appologies. It honestly didn't even cross my mind. I promptly pulled the pics when it was brought to my attention, and even removed them from my Web gallery. I hope that suffices. Thanks again for your help.

It honestly didn't even cross my mind.

with what went down at the other place and why, maybe this way of thinking is what people are PO with.

I dont think they are worried about you being competion for them, on any level. More just how they see things and the way you have handled yourself.

Just an observers opinion.

with what went down at the other place and why, maybe this way of thinking is what people are PO with.

I dont think they are worried about you being competion for them, on any level. More just how they see things and the way you have handled yourself.

Just an observers opinion.

And I proptly removed them, appologized, and sent Simon a PM. What more do you want?

Well, not that it matters, but I bet Brad would not care if you bought a saw from him and posted all that info here, in fact, I bet he has told us here more about porting than most anyone else. I know Im beating a dead horse, but If I bought port job, and wanted to show my friends what I got, you can bet I would. If he paid for the mod, then it is now his information to share with whomever he wants. I understand the idea, but few if any are equipped and prepared to do a mod like this, and even fewer of those who are have the balls to try it, and even less have the expierence to pull it off. just my .02

Well, not that it matters, but I bet Brad would not care if you bought a saw from him and posted all that info here, in fact, I bet he has told us here more about porting than most anyone else. I know Im beating a dead horse, but If I bought port job, and wanted to show my friends what I got, you can bet I would. If he paid for the mod, then it is now his information to share with whomever he wants. I understand the idea, but few if any are equipped and prepared to do a mod like this, and even fewer of those who are have the balls to try it, and even less have the expierence to pull it off. just my .02

You are correct, but I really don't want this thread to go in that direction. I've told guys that had me port their saws to have at them. Take them apart if you want. There are certainly no secrets in there. But seriously, let's not go down that road. It WILL end in disaster if we do.

fair enough brad, just thought I would share my opimion, but you know what they say about those......

And I proptly removed them, appologized, and sent Simon a PM. What more do you want?

Well, for starters, you could die a slow agonizing death caused by an injury from one of your slow, dull, underpowered chainsaws. It would be best if you did it publically, shedding tears of remorse that you dared to tangle with the gods of chainsaw mods.

It would be best if your wife and children were left penniless, out in the cold, hungry, and had to wear signs that said "Our husband/father dared to tangle with the gods of chainsaw mods."

All of your saws would have to be incinerated as the pagan symbols of witchcraft that they are.

Your tools would need to be buried in a pit of quicksand.

Every cookie you ever cut would be declared hazardous waste and have to be stored deep in Yucca Mountain.

All the GTG's you ever attended would ban mention of your name and forbid any type of event you ever participated in.

All websites would have written into the rules that you and your work on chainsaws could never be mentioned, even in PM's and they would delete all your threads and posts.

The EPA would fine your estate and put a lien on your relative’s property.

Judge Rocket Donkey stands ready to sign the order.

Like I said, all that just for starters.:greenchainsaw:

Mr. HE:cool:

you can stay into that kind of bussiness for a long time if you can not be trust!!

I honestly think the seller in this case needs to inform any potential buyers of his non protected product that he would prefer that they not publish any type of documentation of his work. This agreement needs to be made before the buyer agrees to purchase the product and is the responsibility of the seller.

The seller in this case also needs to realize that he is SOL if the buyer decides to publish anyway. If the seller is really that concern about secrecy he should not be selling his product over the phone.

I am editing this to add that my post is not intended to bash Simon or any other builder. It is simply to state my frustrations with this re-occuring issue.

Last edited:
its pretty simple guys, Bertrand has alot more to loose than Brad. Brad is not doing anything that thousands of others have already done. But guys like Simon Bertrand are at the pointy end of this stuff and a little descrestion goes along way.

alot here put Brad up on a pedastool, im not here to take him down, rather bring some reality. Brad shares everything he does and is helpful, but that doesnt give him the right to share others work.

He has been down this road before and got banned from another site. I know alot wont care about that, alot of he said she said. He is enthusiastic about what he does, but maybe needs to think about his Business ethics.

Brad its not about what more can you do, but rather reflect on what has been done, maybe that could have avoided all of this. Like i said the fact that it didnt enter your mind when it was quite obviously going to cause some controversy

Back