Out of Action for a while

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally tired of the constant hurting in the elbow, the waking up in the middle of the night, and seriously, the inability to zip my pants with my left hand....I'm having elbow surgery tomorrow. I have to be at the Dr. at 1pm. I've been through three shoulder surgeries and both the Dr. and the PA who's a personal friend have assured me that the elbow won't be as painful as the shoulder operations. I bet they tell everyone the same thing!! Dr.'s orders are nothing heavier than a cup of coffer for the first four weeks. Then a few weeks of strengthening the tendon. I hope that by Christmas I'm feeling much better. I have quite a few acres of stand improvement waiting on me. I also plan to do a controlled burn on the farm timber in January/Feb., and we start baseball in Feb., so this was about the best time for me to get this done. I've busted my butt the last couple of weeks to get all the loose ends tied up...and wouldn't you know it, someone PM's me tonight wanting a 346. I had already told my wife at supper tonight that I was going to get up at 6am and head to the shop. I just want something to keep my mind occupied. Maybe I can click one more saw off.

I'm having a nerve block on the arm so I won't be in much pain when I come home, but as it wears off I will be on the meds. I'm sure I'll be making a few posts in the next few days, but they may not make much sense until the meds wear off.

Say prayer for me, and thanks for the support and friendship on this board!!

Neal

A prayer will be sent. Hope surgery goes well!

You have provided me a with a lot of good reading since I stumbled onto this board. Thanks a lot.

Kris

Hey; nmurph: Praying already that your elbow surgery comes off smoothly. 3 shoulder surgeries !? My wife had one about a year ago, so I'm aware of the agony those torn tendons give you. After all those prior surgeries, this will be old hat for ya. :popcorn:

Hey; nmurph: Praying already that your elbow surgery comes off smoothly. 3 shoulder surgeries !? My wife had one about a year ago, so I'm aware of the agony those torn tendons give you. After all those prior surgeries, this will be old hat for ya. :popcorn:

I've had rotator cuff repairs on both shoulders, and my last shoulder surgery was for a torn labrum. It left me screaming. I couldn't get enough Percocet in me to get to sleep. I sat in the recliner, AS on the laptop, all night long and watched as the different time zones showed up online. I was awake over 24hrs bf I finally eased off.

Thanks for the prayers!!

Good luck Neal!!

Hate to hear of your upcoming surgery. I feel for you.

I just might have to have a torn labrum repaired in the near future as well and I'm not looking forward to it either. If you remember I had surgery on the other one just a few years back for a bone spur.

If you get too bored, give me a call...

Good luck Neal!!

Hate to hear of your upcoming surgery. I feel for you.

I just might have to have a torn labrum repaired in the near future as well and I'm not looking forward to it either. If you remember I had surgery on the other one just a few years back for a bone spur.

If you get too bored, give me a call...

I may have to take you up on that!!

My bud told me that labrum repairs are especially painful because they are working deep in the shoulder joint. Rotator cuffs are on the external part of the shoulder.

Neal,

Doc's aren't much good at judging pain. They are impervious to pain, other people's that is! Actually I suspect your guys are giving you the straight skinny.

Just wanted to wish you good luck. Hope you are back to normal soon, if not remember "normal" is overrated!

Hu

Good luck, and be good. Nothing worse than getting yourself another surgery by trying to do too much too soon. Not that you would, of course......

Hey Neal! Hope things go well tomorrow. We'll be saying a prayer for you. I have GOT to get down your way one day.

Back