Read this if you are new to cutting trees down (or are just bored)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DavisL.

DavisL.

ArboristSite Lurker
Glad you are okay. Thank you for the great advice.
Even the experts need a refresher. More accidents happen to experts because they get relaxed.
I used to cut that way but now have learned about bore cutting, hinges and triggers.
And most of all thanks for your service!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

JanThorCro

JanThorCro

ArboristSite Operative
Damn glad your still with us, sir. I second the guy about the training class. Last year I went to one of GOL's classes and it was a huge affirmation for what I had learned online and from books. Great class and good crowd of men & women learning to be better tree fallers.

Thank you for your service and Semper Fi.

Mustang71

Mustang71

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Dude wtf I read the whole thing. Either you made it up or you should write a book about it lol you did 4 tours? Awesome thanks for your service.
I work construction and always will. I went to college and hated my job. Now I'm stuck in the business love chainsaws and cutting wood for heat. Also live in NY.

Jamesdavk

Jamesdavk

ArboristSite Lurker
Well Sir, you being a prior enlisted man I would have expected more smarts than an LTC could muster. :) I was in the 101st... no ranger here. Enjoy your "retirement" and I enjoyed the story!

Mustang71

Mustang71

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Ya know I remember those times as a confused teen wondering if I should join. Some friends did I know wish I would have but back then I had no idea. Now in the construction business I meet many people who live the secret life of person who went to Iraq and did such and what not and I am thankful for them. I've met some who did 3 tours but never 4...