Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one in different colors for you:

Gordiestrees007-1.jpg

I have a nice 116si. Great saw. Used the 115si as my daily money maker for a # of years. Really liked them.

If it weren't for the lack of chain-oiling, my 143 would probably be my favorite all around saw. When hte workspace is done, I'll take care of that...then the old boy will be sorted out. Very compact for a 95cc saw:)

Last edited:
I have a 123 and the 143 P/C if I ever have time to do the swap. I'm at the point now where my personal saw stuff is on the back burner.
I hadn't run the 123 in a few months. Monday, I cranked it up and sat it outside the shop and let it idle for 10 minutes, just listening to the music.

I have a 123 and the 143 P/C if I ever have time to do the swap. I'm at the point now where my personal saw stuff is on the back burner.
I hadn't run the 123 in a few months. Monday, I cranked it up and sat it outside the shop and let it idle for 10 minutes, just listening to the music.

If you don't mind my asking, how hard is it to swap a 143 P/C onto a 123? Any mods required?

The PTO crank bearing is a little heavier duty on the 143. Otherwise, I think the saws are identical. I figure that no more than my saw will be used, I should be fine with the 123 bearings.

The PTO crank bearing is a little heavier duty on the 143. Otherwise, I think the saws are identical. I figure that no more than my saw will be used, I should be fine with the 123 bearings.

When you get around to making the change, I'd love to know how it works.

The 143's power & torque in a smaller frame would be nice :msp_thumbup:. I usually only run a 20" bar in it. Besides, I'm having a real hard time finding 143 parts and a much easier time finding 123's, whole & running, around where I live.

It's the same crankcase, etc...the difference is the P/C and the bearing.

So it sounds like if I had a cracked air filter cover or broken oil pump on my 143 I could replace it with one off a 123? That's good to know. I really like the 143, but have been considering selling because of difficulty in getting parts & moving up to a Stihl 660 or Husky 395.

I posted this in another thread and thought I would share it over here. This is my 120si that I did a mild port job on in some frozen maple and a tiny yellow birch log. Letting the saw do the work without pushing on it running semi-chisel chain. I could probably get a lot more out of the saw but I am very happy with where it's at right now. This is one that I made a new crankcase gasket for and all that good stuff, want her to last a long time.
63QFbWUNPRw

Last edited:
63QFbWUNPRw
Nevermind, it's not working right on my end, not sure if you guys can see the video or not.

Last edited:
It's the same crankcase, etc...the difference is the P/C and the bearing.

Neal I'm no expert but I did learn some about these in my 133 project that I did a while back. Your on the right track and it depends on the years they were built. Going from the IPL's some 123's had a different flywheel side brg while some shows both the same for the 123, 133 and 143. Later the 133 super and the 143 got heavier brgs and races on both sides.

I ended up using a 143 case assy on my 133. The 143 also had a decomp.

So it sounds like if I had a cracked air filter cover or broken oil pump on my 143 I could replace it with one off a 123? That's good to know. I really like the 143, but have been considering selling because of difficulty in getting parts & moving up to a Stihl 660 or Husky 395.

The oil pumps should be the same but the 123, 133, 133 Super and 142 had completly different air filter and top cover setups on them so a filter cover from a 123 will only work on a 123.

Latest posts

Back