Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, It's late model 152. Notice the wrap
handle where all 3 pieces attach. 153's have
clamps.
But when all else fails, Look at the serial number.

Lee

Cool, thanks for the info Lee, I haven't looked at it much yet, brought them home and came inside, not feeling that great today.

clamps.

Lee
Well I believe you more then I do me. :hmm3grin2orange:
I was just looking at the rear handle. Did we ever conclude if the later 152 got the smaller PTO crank dia like the 153 or not?

It does say 152 on the clutch cover, but I know that would be an easy swap over the years.

So would the wrap handle as far as that goes. :laugh:

Personally, I'm really not that excited about my 6000/152 anymore. That whole sprocket fiasco has taken be back some with it. Its a shame that it dont have enough power to pull a .404 x 8 and yet thats just about all you can get for it. I did finally get a 3/8's x 8 for it and will try that out someday.

So would the wrap handle as far as that goes. :laugh:

Personally, I'm really not that excited about my 6000/152 anymore. That whole sprocket fiasco has taken be back some with it. Its a shame that it dont have enough power to pull a .404 x 8 and yet thats just about all you can get for it. I did finally get a 3/8's x 8 for it and will try that out someday.

Right. I've never run one, so I can't comment on that.

clamps.

Thank you for that info Lee, didn't now that until now.
I bought in Canada a full wrap handle for my SD 153, now i now it's for a SD 152.
But i do not care, i am happy with it. I have putt it on my early SD 153 without chainbrake.

Marco

clamps.

Lee
Thank you for that info Lee, didn't now that until now.
I bought in Canada a full wrap handle for my SD 153, now i now it's for a SD 152.
But i do not care, i am happy with it. I have putt it on my early SD 153 without chainbrake.

Marco

Here is the serial. Does the 153 at the beginning mean its a 153?

attachment.php

Well that answers that, A 153 it is.
I have never seen a 153 with that type
handle bar. Unless i was changed.

Lee

I've seen a few that way too. One old timer said it was cheaper to buy the 153 without the full wrap and then buy the 152 style full wrap to put on it. I have no idea if that's true, but it would explain why I've seen three or four set up that way over the years.

Mr. HE:cool:

Yep, a 153 and your better off that way. I knew the rear handle looked like it and if Lee is correct about the front handle maybe it was just changed out. I see your missing the manual oiler though.

Well that answers that, A 153 it is.
I have never seen a 153 with that type
handle bar. Unless i was changed.

Lee

Thanks guys. I'm guessing that's what the big vacant hole is ? Are they hard to come by?

Latest posts

Back