Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
around $250-$300 for a good one with a good bar and chain.

That is about right. I bought mine for $100, but the seller on Ebay didn't know what he had or how to list it. It also needed a fuel line. It sure sounds nice, sitting and idling. One day it will get the 143 top-end I have sitting on a shelf.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
That is about right. I bought mine for $100, but the seller on Ebay didn't know what he had or how to list it. It also needed a fuel line. It sure sounds nice, sitting and idling. One day it will get the 143 top-end I have sitting on a shelf.

I got mine for $150. but it had no spark and was missing the clutch cover and chainbrake. I rounded these parts up and its now a very strong runner,

alaska%25202010%2520219.jpg

alaska%25202010%2520220.jpg

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Sweet. Looked like it turned out well, when you posted a few pics of it back then.

It works so well that I never did tear it down to see what was done to it, it either has a new P&C in it or it was never run much cause there is next to no wear on the piston, the comp is high and the bark from the exhaust tells me there has been a little modification done inside.

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
It works so well that I never did tear it down to see what was done to it, it either has a new P&C in it or it was never run much cause there is next to no wear on the piston, the comp is high and the bark from the exhaust tells me there has been a little modification done inside.

Sweet that's awesome. I guess I was right when I thought it was a nice saw.

Trzebs13

Trzebs13

ArboristSite Member
Advice on a new saw

Looking for some feed back. as you can see by my sigiture I really don't have any new saws. Im looking to purchase a new saw. I'm thinking some thing larger. I was wondering if some one could put there 2 cents in. At this point kind of thinking about a Dolmar 6400 and betting the big bore kit. One question I have about that I'm pretty sure that I can put the 7900 P/C on it but can you also go with the 84.5cc kit on this saw as well? Probably only put a 20" bar. I really have no need for somthing larger.

Thanks

tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looking for some feed back. as you can see by my sigiture I really don't have any new saws. Im looking to purchase a new saw. I'm thinking some thing larger. I was wondering if some one could put there 2 cents in. At this point kind of thinking about a Dolmar 6400 and betting the big bore kit. One question I have about that I'm pretty sure that I can put the 7900 P/C on it but can you also go with the 84.5cc kit on this saw as well? Probably only put a 20" bar. I really have no need for somthing larger.

Thanks

Unless you're scoring a deal on a used 6400 to upgrade, I think you'd be better off quality wise just getting the 7900 in the first place.

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
looking for some feed back. As you can see by my sigiture i really don't have any new saws. Im looking to purchase a new saw. I'm thinking some thing larger. I was wondering if some one could put there 2 cents in. At this point kind of thinking about a dolmar 6400 and betting the big bore kit. One question i have about that i'm pretty sure that i can put the 7900 p/c on it but can you also go with the 84.5cc kit on this saw as well? Probably only put a 20" bar. I really have no need for somthing larger.

Thanks

yep!

pele55

pele55

ArboristSite Operative
i have a bone stock 6400 with a 24" bar.. i bought it with the intention of putting a 7900 piston and cylinder on it with a little porting.. my 6400 runs so well im going to leave it alone... if you run a 20" inch bar you will be very happy... in most wood you would barely know the difference..

jimdad07

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't have enough good to say about the 6400, still my favorite all around firewood saw. I grab it for just about any of my firewood chores. It is a good saw for a good price and if you are looking for a saw to run a 20" bar it is perfect.

Latest posts