Stihl 056 Coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymike

Reaction score
hello all, I know ignition coils for the old 056 continue to be an issue, and i'm wondering about something. As a small time parts supplier, I have the ability to manufacture these, but it will be slightly expensive at the start. Is there a market for these? Would anybody be interested in them? Thanks.

The market fluctuates on 045/056 stuff. A couple years ago I sold a NOS Bosch ignition for 056 on e-bay for $200. A few months ago I listed one and got $55 for it. At this point I'm not sure there's enough of a market to justify a guy tooling up and making new replacement parts. The 045/056 do have a cult following, especially among saw-millers. Plus there's the fact that there was two different types of ignitions (SEM and Bosch) with the corresponding flywheels.

I just need to know if people would be interestd in buying them. To be honest, tooling up to build new ones really isn't that hard. What do you guys think? Haven't had many replies so far.

hello all, I know ignition coils for the old 056 continue to be an issue .

Which coil are you referring to? The electronic module failed in my 045 Super and my 056, and Stihl USA told me that nothing was available to fix it. First the dealer told me that. Then I called Viriginia Beach and was told the same. Then, I found a dealer in West Germany that sells them new. Now made by Ducati of Italy, instead of SEM or Bosch. I've bought two and they've been fine. Cost me around $150 each with International shipping included.

So that is a replacement for the Bosch ignition with the two-part flywheel right?
If it is that would be a cheaper option than upgrading to the SEM module and then having to get the matching flywheel.
Just did a quick search under TS350 ignition (works better than searching 056) from the UK on e-bay.com and found one for $76 that looks like the Bosch.Shipping from the UK is extra. Plenty of SEM ignitions came up as well but what seems to be the Bosch type have only appeared lately.

If mine ever goes out I intend to do whatever it takes to get it fixed.
Did that answer your question???

I, too would be interested it the unlimited Dolmar coils!!!

Mike

Thanks for the info

Which coil are you referring to? The electronic module failed in my 045 Super and my 056, and Stihl USA told me that nothing was available to fix it. First the dealer told me that. Then I called Viriginia Beach and was told the same. Then, I found a dealer in West Germany that sells them new. Now made by Ducati of Italy, instead of SEM or Bosch. I've bought two and they've been fine. Cost me around $150 each with International shipping included.

Thanks for the info.
See you on the John Deere crawlers site too.

np205

Ive got a 056 magnum II waiting for new fire. If the price is right I think they would do well for you. The coil is the weak link on these saws and a lot of guys love them. Rick!

Stihl Coil

hello all, I know ignition coils for the old 056 continue to be an issue, and i'm wondering about something. As a small time parts supplier, I have the ability to manufacture these, but it will be slightly expensive at the start. Is there a market for these? Would anybody be interested in them? Thanks.

These are available in Germany.

In need for a magnum 2 056 coil

Anyone have a idea of where to pick one up a site preferably and that ships to u.s. . I could use a ipl as well any help is greatly appreciated , thanks

The Bosch type ignition used on the 056 was used on 2100's too,so you may have 2 models that are candidates for a replacement ignition, in fact I think the 133 Dolmars used it too,and probably a couple other saws.

Good bit of info to know...

Latest posts

Back