Stihl MS250 vs MS261 which would be easier to start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mister28

mister28

ArboristSite Lurker
Funny to read the experience and feelings of each
Opinions and feedback on the 025 - MS250 depend quite a bit on their year of manufacture, I think.
There is a change between the first MS250 (which are like 025) and the second,

I have an "old" 025C (no idea of the date, probably 1995) that I refurbished. and I find it easy to start. Large elastostart handle, decomp valve and Walbro carburetor
I don't like the easy tensioner but it's easily replaceable.

In this configuration a 025 /MS250 with decompressor, or an MS261, both are easy to start.
In absolute terms the MS261 is better : More powerful, pro quality and better balanced

a. palmer jr.
I have one currently that I'm trying to figure out how to start. I know these flood easily so I ordered a new adjustable carburetor to replace the non adjustable one. Everything else seems okay so maybe that'll fix it..
On the 261 I noticed a lack of aftermarket parts for it if that's a concern..

a. palmer jr.
If your medical condition is bad enough that you have worries about starting little saws like 261 or 250 I reckon you should consider battery power
One problem with battery power is, like my electric weedeater is that the batteries are heavy. If they ever invent a lightweight battery then the electrics will probably take over..

Latest posts