whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice!

on another GC today. 5 pine 2 oak. fun seeing a crane hauling the chipper do about 40mph up the hill in the snow from across the fairway because it has to just to get out.

good times.

looks like a peaceful work enviro TV. nice. you bring the 2k to eat up the butt? chippers loooove linden.

thanks for sharing.
coulda used a crane today...chipper.jpg
Take the camera with you OD and use this thread. Guess you guys gotta get as much done as you can before the thaw? (golf course)

We didn't take the 2k today so as not to get stuck in tight driveway access.

We had onsite dumping

Hey some nice memories. Backinnaday when there was me and Oldirty and 101 and Rope and Dan and slayer and treemachine and some peripheral characters like AA and MDS.

What's the engine on it? Looks a tough little guy.

Kohler 25hp.

2006 model, bought it second hand to get me out of trouble & it's been mostly nothing but trouble.

To be fair, has done some big stumps for it's size & felt the brand new Bandit SG40 no faster, actually thought afters a few hours hard work the new machine was already showing wear & tear. Feedback from others with the small Bandit has indicated the same.

Having a serious thought about a second hand Vermeer SC852, although would really have to push the grinding side of things to justify the outlay.

Kohler 25hp.

2006 model, bought it second hand to get me out of trouble & it's been mostly nothing but trouble.

To be fair, has done some big stumps for it's size & felt the brand new Bandit SG40 no faster, actually thought afters a few hours hard work the new machine was already showing wear & tear. Feedback from others with the small Bandit has indicated the same.

Having a serious thought about a second hand Vermeer SC852, although would really have to push the grinding side of things to justify the outlay.
I have a Vermeer 665B old tow behind but it has a corded remote which takes it to another level and is a good dependable grinder. But 9 times out of 10 we use the small one as low impact on ground, fast set up and it is usually on trailer with the mini skid loader Dingo. But if you run across one (they are pretty common) , an A or B, they are worth checking out. 65 hp Wisconsin. My employees mom who is an electrician rewired the whole thing better than new all shrink wrapped. You could run it under water. It gets used mainly for huge stumps (not one in vid).

KIMG0738.JPG

I have a Vermeer 665B old tow behind but it has a corded remote which takes it to another level and is a good dependable grinder. But 9 times out of 10 we use the small one as low impact on ground, fast set up and it is usually on trailer with the mini skid loader Dingo. But if you run across one (they are pretty common) , an A or B, they are worth checking out. 65 hp Wisconsin. My employees mom who is an electrician rewired the whole thing better than new all shrink wrapped. You could run it under water. It gets used mainly for huge stumps (not one in vid).

View attachment 938085

What is that third sweet machine down there in that compilation of modern equipment? Is that a stagecoach you’re restoring, or are you giving hayrides now?? Lol.

What is that third sweet machine down there in that compilation of modern equipment? Is that a stagecoach you’re restoring, or are you giving hayrides now?? Lol.
from above...."Hey some nice memories. Backinnaday when there was me and Oldirty and 101 and Rope and Dan and slayer and treemachine and some peripheral characters like AA and MDS".

View attachment 938085

I never knew you could a remote for those machines. That's definitely a game changer. I would have kept my old 665 if it had a remote.

View attachment 938085

Can't recall even seeing a trailer mounted stumper in Australia.

Sure there's some around, but have never seen or used one.

Up until recently, the prevailing attitude was, if you can get close to it with a trailer, you can use explosives. Still get clients telling me, "oh yes, the last guy just blew up the stump!!"

Can't recall even seeing a trailer mounted stumper in Australia.

Sure there's some around, but have never seen or used one.

Up until recently, the prevailing attitude was, if you can get close to it with a trailer, you can use explosives. Still get clients telling me, "oh yes, the last guy just blew up the stump!!"
you in your 20's?

Was wondering the same thing?

Fizzing on that much flame orange.
Military trailer I picked up for 500 clams. REAL heavy duty suspension...can carry a honker dropped in by crane in a tight spot or last hunk to get rid of or carry the Dingo and grapple and huge bucket. Got long ramps for it.

First try with the Gopro9 today. Took some big dead out of 3 100' oaks, this one over the garage with the Rolls Royce we skipped yesterday because of high winds. Lowered on this side (video) and on the front put mats down and no lowering, just headlocked all the wood (bigger ones) and tossed into opening. This tree had a number of failed Cobra systems for support that are a ripoff. Strands just hanging down and trunks girdled. Brought the wrong X Ring but got it to fit.

God damn, the more I look at this the more I’m kinda scared for that Rolls too! Lol. The church bells ringing in the distance at one point are somehow a fitting touch. Love the use of x ring and Shigo approved profanity too. :laugh:

God damn, the more I look at this the more I’m kinda scared for that Rolls too! Lol. The church bells ringing in the distance at one point are somehow a fitting touch. Love the use of x ring and Shigo approved profanity too. :laugh:
Just jealous...can't figger out how to make a vid so we get trucks and equipment just sitting there. C'mon son...$390 for a new GoPro10. Bet they would finance it. Just sayin :picture: :drinkingcoffee:

That 2nd machine nobody aksed (ebonics) about is a 99 Mitts and Merrill 16" throat chuck and duck with an 84 hp diesel. Won't find a better chuck period. Can move it around picking up by hand with one guy in a driveway. Tear the skin right off your face (a good thing for Paulsie).

1635607382095.png

Back