Which Poulan is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauls_Workshop

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been lurking here a bit but this is my first post. I have a late 90's or 2000's Craftsman Classic 42 cc 18" chain saw. I'm wondering if anyone knows what matching Poulan Pro saw model this would be as I need to get some parts for it. It needs a new ignition coil, and starter gear as the current ones are broken. The ignition coil got loose and chewed up the metal part that passes past it also on the flywheel. And could use new fuel lines. Also, if anyone had used or new cheap parts for this to sell or a parts saw, let me know. 358.360171 is the Sears number on it. I thought this was a PP4218 but that is not it.
Thanks! - Paul

Hi all, I've been lurking here a bit but this is my first post. I have a late 90's or 2000's Craftsman Classic 42 cc 18" chain saw. I'm wondering if anyone knows what matching Poulan Pro saw model this would be as I need to get some parts for it. It needs a new ignition coil, and starter gear as the current ones are broken. The ignition coil got loose and chewed up the metal part that passes past it also on the flywheel. And could use new fuel lines. Also, if anyone had used or new cheap parts for this to sell or a parts saw, let me know. 358.360171 is the Sears number on it. I thought this was a PP4218 but that is not it.
Thanks! - Paul

Hi Paul,

Not sure how cheap it needs to be, it's 30.00 for a coil on searspartsdirect.com just put in the model number.

Hi Paul,

Not sure how cheap it needs to be, it's 30.00 for a coil on searspartsdirect.com just put in the model number.

Well, I paid $25 for the whole saw, so that is alot for one part! I need several parts. Would help to know what Poulan it is as any part just for a Craftsman is going to have quite a markup for it. Ideally finding a parts saw would be good. - Paul

It's basically a Poulan 2375 Wild Thing. The closest Poulan Pro would be a PP262, but that has a chromed cylinder and bare aluminum piston, where yours is probably the opposite. Sears Parts Direct is often the best price, but you never know.

Your best bet is to find another saw on the cheap and combine parts from the two. Buying parts individually will put you underwater on the saw.

Your best bet is to find another saw on the cheap and combine parts from the two. Buying parts individually will put you underwater on the saw.

Yeah, that is most likely right. Someone here might have an otherwise dead Poulan 2375 Wild Thing or PP262 perhaps? If so, let me know! One with a dead piston or bore would be ideal, as mine is fine for those things. Something in the $30-$40 range plus shipping would be good. - Paul

So just to close this one out, Doug above is selling me a partial powerhead for a close unit to what I have that he no longer needed to keep around (we can't really tell exactly what model it is, but did verify the key parts needed are identical). Appreciate all the help here! What a nice welcome for a new guy to help me get past my problems! - Paul

Latest posts

Back