Nachi Bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad at all though when you only need 1 or 2. For a bunch like JJ bought, yeah, I paid twice that much. Interesting enough, it's the same source, as that is VXBs Ebay store.

They'll give you a much better price if you call them through the website and ask for bulk quantities. I did 40 of the 6202s and 24 of the 6203s.

Not bad at all though when you only need 1 or 2. For a bunch like JJ bought, yeah, I paid twice that much. Interesting enough, it's the same source, as that is VXBs Ebay store.

Its the cross border shipping that kills most Ebay purchases for me. My local bearing house charges me around $3-$4 for most any bearings for chainsaws. Got to pay the going rate from dealers for proprietary ones.

To those of you that turned us on to these...why Nachi?

I read some reviews of the kart engine builders. Those guys are way harder on parts than us saw guys. Their engines constantly turn high RPM at near the highest power threshold that the engine is capable of. Many of the top-level karting engines only last a few races. SNR and Nachi got great reviews.

I read some reviews of the kart engine builders. Those guys are way harder on parts than us saw guys. Their engines constantly turn high RPM at near the highest power threshold that the engine is capable of. Many of the top-level karting engines only last a few races. SNR and Nachi got great reviews.

where I retired from, we used lots of japan bearings..one day,,i seeens a box of nachis,,and thought,what???? called the resident enguunear!! and he said they were high quality...soooooo

The flywheel side uses a 6002. Get one that's C3 rated. As is typical from Stihl, the PTO side bearing is proprietary.

6002 Nachi Bearing Open C3 Japan 15x32x9 Ball Bearings: VXB.com Ball Bearings

6002 Nachi Open C3 Japan 15x32x9 15mm 32mm 9mm Deep Groove Radial Ball Bearings | eBay

I ordered an SKF bearing from KAMAN for FW side this AM.
I'll have it tomorrow.
I mentioned NACHI and didn't get a very promising response from the salesperson.
Although they could get them, they didn't recommend them.
I've known the salesperson there for 10yrs, so they're not trying to give me a blanket party.
So for $12, I went with the SKF.....I can pick it up tomorrow @ lunch hour.

I ordered an SKF bearing from KAMAN for FW side this AM.
I'll have it tomorrow.
I mentioned NACHI and didn't get a very promising response from the salesperson.
Although they could get them, they didn't recommend them.
I've known the salesperson there for 10yrs, so they're not trying to give me a blanket party.
So for $12, I went with the SKF.....I can pick it up tomorrow @ lunch hour.

I've had good success with the SKF bearings that I have used. I also purchased them at a local supplier. Sometimes a few extra bucks on a project does not matter to me if I can expedite the process. I know if I were buying 40 like mentioned above I would ask for a price break on quantity. But I am still gathering information about bearings. The guy I talked to last priced a flywheel side bearing for a Stihl MS260 - the price I got from the dealer was actually cheaper than his price. Incidentally the MS260 flywheel side bearing was made by FAG (for Stihl).

motion industries...

just pulled some 6202's from a husky that were skf....made in france...
got a quote from motion canada...
nachi c3's ...quantity 10...$ 2.79
skf ..."...... "........."...." 6.43
i asked the guy at motion where were the nachi's made and he said japan or taiwan..won't know until they get them...
he did say that the skf was a better quality bearing ...sweden...france...i do see they have a factory in jinan china....

i have more than a few saw's to do...i've read most of the threads about bearings and learned a vast amount of info from this site...

still can't decide which way to go with bearings....

cheers.........

Latest posts

Back