wright saw CAD strikes again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjake

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
One of the guys i cut with lives next to me .Anyway he came over and said a
guy he worked with said he had a big saw like 7.5 hp and it was a wright i
have never seen one i was wondering who made them and so on .I can
get the saw for about nothing so im sure i will have it in a day or two.
does anyone have a pic of one. Thanks

Famous for their reciprocating saw blade 50 yrs ago, great idea but like the electric car to the auto industry would not benifit the sawchain or chainsaw industry.

Last edited:
Here is what one of the blade saw models looks like

attachment.php

Last edited:
I passed on a clean one at a garage sale 1 month ago. Are they worth much? I figured I didn't need another anchor

It depends which one. The poulan 306 ones are not too common. I would like to find a GS-218 to restore.

Here's my B520 - restored. Runs fine but that governor system takes a little getting used to. In the video I'm cutting through 2" dry walnut. It does make a nice smooth cut.

attachment.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1buMICXCLk

Thanks for the video, great saw. The Wright was advertised as the worlds safest powersaw. No kickback,no chainoil needed and only took 1 minute to change blade and 5 minutes to sharpen. It was built from the mid 1950s to I believe 1968, they must have got the bugs out of it by 1968.It had 3 different blades softwood,hardwood,meat saw. Interesting saw.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back